Menu

Something really good might be happening for dh.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up about it, but something has come up for him that might really make him happy. I'd rather not go all into it, but we should know tomorrow. It isn't anything that will really help us financially, but it might help his morale.

So, could you pray for this for him? I really think, as silly as it may seem, this one thing might turn things around for him.

Updated here.

Edited by Renee in FL

I'm trying not to get my hopes up about it, but something has come up for him that might really make him happy. I'd rather not go all into it, but we should know tomorrow. It isn't anything that will really help us financially, but it might help his morale.

So, could you pray for this for him? I really think, as silly as it may seem, this one thing might turn things around for him.

I will pray. Hope it goes well for him!

Of course! I just don't want to say anything yet because someone might decide that it is stupid and tear it apart. I'll let them do it AFTER I figure out that it is going to work out.:D

It isn't anything to do with his job, though.;)

WHO CARES what others will think? We won't listen to them. :boxing_smiley:

I hope things are going/will go well today!!!

WHO CARES what others will think? We won't listen to them. :boxing_smiley:

I hope things are going/will go well today!!!

All right, here goes. When we bought our business, dh needed a truck to make deliveries with. We looked around some, and my mom found his dream truck for him. It was within the budget we had set, it was in great condition, it was PERFECT for him.

When the business closed and everything fell apart, dh had to sell the truck. However, instead of selling it outright, my mom's step-brother wanted it. We made a deal with him - if he gave us another truck (in the $2000 range) and made the payments, he could have the truck. It stayed in our name (in hindsight, it was stupid, but he was family and seemed to be sincere.)

So, he took it. He never gave us a truck - the one he tried to give us broke down 4 times in the 3 weeks dh drove it. We gave it back. My mom had the payments drafted out of her account and he would pay her. However, he paid late right from the start. We did not know this because my mom didn't tell us.

Eventually, my mom was not able to make the payments and wait for him, so she would only make them when he paid. He got behind immediately. Ford called dh constantly. The step-brother wouldn't return our calls and would only talk to my mother.:glare: When my mother told him that dh's credit was getting hurt by all this, he said something to the effect that we needed to join the crowd.

Finally, a week ago, we got a notice of Intent to Repossess. I called my mom and said we were D-O-N-E with this deal - either he paid us what was owed to Ford, my mom, us (for the truck we never got and the insurance for the past 18 months) or he had to give the truck up. Mom texted him, he texted back, a few days went by. On Thursday, she texted him again (he isn't returning her calls, either.) He blasted back to her that he was over it and was bringing the truck back Monday (today.)

The plan was to take the truck, clean it up best we could (from what I understand he DESTROYED the leather interior), and take it to somewhere like CarMax to get what we could out of it ASAP. Mom decided to make the delinquent payments so we could try and get more for the truck by selling it ourselves. I was really worried about all this - I was afraid that dh would not be able to handle re-visiting all of this. It wasn't the truck per se, but it was a symbol of what we had lost.

Last night, dh was talking to his Dad and the truck came up. He told him about what was going on. FIL then said, "Find out how much is owed on it and owed to her mother and I will send you a check." Dh was FLOORED! FIL talked to me later that night and said he hoped it wouldn't cause trouble for us, but he really, really wanted to do this for dh. I assured him it wouldn't hurt (we already pay the insurance now and the fuel will only be slightly more.)

So, all this to say - dh is getting his dream truck back. His FIL is going to pay the $6K that is still owed to Ford and my mom. The stepbrother owes us $9120 for all the pieces of the deal (insurance, my mom, the truck we never got, owed to Ford, etc.) It's only worth $9200. If he wants his $80, I'll write him a check!:lol: Actually, I won't - call it a cleaning fee.:glare:

The truck is just a truck, but to dh it signifies hope - a hope that things really will get better. I know some will think this is stupid and/or an irresponsible thing to do, but to me it was an answered prayer. I prayed yesterday that it would work out somehow that he could keep it, and it seems that it has. He would NEVER have asked his Dad for the money, but in the end he didn't have to. My dh hasn't had hope in a long time, so maybe he has found some. I told FIL that anything that helped dh find himself again would be something that helped us - I think he understood.;)

So, there you go - the whole, long, crazy tale about a man and his truck!:tongue_smilie:

:party:

And you're never doing business with relatives on your mom's side again!!!!!

No kidding!

And, for any who might be wondering, it is a jacked-up diesel F350 Dually Crew Cab 4x4 with all kinds of "bling" on it, including chrome stacks instead of a regular exhaust. Can you say "Ultimare Redneck Truck"?:lol:

Edited by Renee in FL

No kidding!

And, for any who might be wondering, it is a jacked-up diesel F350 Dually Crew Cab 4x4 with all kinds of "bling" on it, including chrome stacks instead of a regular exhaust. Can you say "Ultimare Redneck Truck"?:lol:

Renee!!! That's FANTASTIC news!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boy is your hubby going to have a HUGE GRIN as he gets back behind the wheel. I think it's SO wonderful!!! What a gift!!!

Is he going to put those HUGE flags on broomsticks in the back of the truck? :lol:

I think that's just SO awesome. I'm ALL GIRL but MAN do I love a good truck!!!!!!!:thumbup1:

Renee!!! That's FANTASTIC news!!!!!!!!!!!!! Boy is your hubby going to have a HUGE GRIN as he gets back behind the wheel. I think it's SO wonderful!!! What a gift!!!

Is he going to put those HUGE flags on broomsticks in the back of the truck? :lol:

I think that's just SO awesome. I'm ALL GIRL but MAN do I love a good truck!!!!!!!:thumbup1:

We haven't gotten it back yet - supposedly he got stuck away from here all day yesterday and couldn't get it back. He is supposed to take his mud flaps off and put the toolbox back in and bring it to my mom today. If he doesn't, she plans to text him letting him know that if it isn't in her driveway when she gets up Wednesday morning, she is reporting it stolen.:glare: She's over his attitude all together!

The truck is now out front. The tires are bad, the driver's seat is ruined, and something melted to one of the stacks.:confused: He did have some incredible pin striping done to it and almost everything was still on it that was there when we sold it.

It has a LOT of miles on it - way more than we thought. For a diesel, though, especially the 7.3, 172,000 miles is still newer.:D

Dh is happy and that is *all* that matters!

The truck is now out front. The tires are bad, the driver's seat is ruined, and something melted to one of the stacks.:confused: He did have some incredible pin striping done to it and almost everything was still on it that was there when we sold it.

It has a LOT of miles on it - way more than we thought. For a diesel, though, especially the 7.3, 172,000 miles is still newer.:D

Dh is happy and that is *all* that matters!

I am soooooo very happy for you.

Maybe you can get a new seat at a junk yard or it can be his Christmas present. LOL

I love the fact that he had the money for pin striping and not the payment :glare:

The miles suck, but at least you have it and it isn't too destroyed to drive.

I am happy for you and your dh! :party:

.....and that you don't have to worry about it any more must be a huge relief!

I am soooooo very happy for you.

Maybe you can get a new seat at a junk yard or it can be his Christmas present. LOL

I love the fact that he had the money for pin striping and not the payment :glare:

The miles suck, but at least you have it and it isn't too destroyed to drive.

I am happy for you and your dh! :party:

.....and that you don't have to worry about it any more must be a huge relief!

He said the same thing about a seat from the junk yard. In the other guy's defense, the pin striping was likely done in exchange for work - he is a diesel mechanic and these days it is hard to get paid. That is why he couldn't pay for it - people aren't paying him.

I know how it is and I wasn't mad about his not being able to make the payments. I was mad because he thought he got to not make the payments and still keep the truck.:glare:

Now just to wait for the family drama that is sure to insue.:001_huh::tongue_smilie:

Updated here.

So glad to hear how this turned out, especially for your dh! :grouphug: