Menu

Update on my niece, her baby girl, and prayers that you all sent up for her!!

My deepest gratitude goes out to everyone who prayed about my niece, her birth situtation, and her little baby girl.

I didn't think that my niece would allow me to visit, but she did! I have just spent the nicest 4 hours with her that I've ever spent in her company. It was such a relief and a blessing. Mommy-hood, though dh and I had great fears, has been a good thing for her. She exhibits a lot of personal growth and maturity.

We could not smell even the tiniest hint of smoke in the house, the yard, on the babe, no where. Rosie has gained 2 lbs in 3 1/2 weeks. She nursed twice while we were there, no issues, burped, was changed, etc. She's clean, alert, healthy, and content. She makes a bit of noise but isn't a crier. The house was neat and well kept...food was cooking for the papa for when he would get home from work. My mom made a big meal for niece and she ate quite well. Protein, dairy, lots and lots of fruits and veggies whereas before her pregnancy, she was quite a junk food junkie.

Baby was kissed a lot, snuggled alot, hovered over a lot, etc. We took some warm outfits (the weather has gotten quite cold here and since Rosie's original due date was early August, many people bought warm clothes for the baby shower) and they were much appreciated. She's been keeping her wrapped in blankets as the heat in the rental is not up a running yet. So, dh and I are going to purchase some more things and she doesn't have a snowsuit/coat yet so we will get that as well. If one were to judge by the winter coats that the farm animals have put on, Michigan's winter is going to be nasty.

We have high hopes that this will continue. She was friendly and cheerful and showed no signs of post partum depression. The daddy, though he works a lot, appears to be quite enamored with his little girl and is very helpful around the house. We also hope that continues.

Thanks to all,

With a grateful heart,

Faith

My deepest gratitude goes out to everyone who prayed about my niece, her birth situtation, and her little baby girl.

I didn't think that my niece would allow me to visit, but she did! I have just spent the nicest 4 hours with her that I've ever spent in her company. It was such a relief and a blessing. Mommy-hood, though dh and I had great fears, has been a good thing for her. She exhibits a lot of personal growth and maturity.

We could not smell even the tiniest hint of smoke in the house, the yard, on the babe, no where. Rosie has gained 2 lbs in 3 1/2 weeks. She nursed twice while we were there, no issues, burped, was changed, etc. She's clean, alert, healthy, and content. She makes a bit of noise but isn't a crier. The house was neat and well kept...food was cooking for the papa for when he would get home from work. My mom made a big meal for niece and she ate quite well. Protein, dairy, lots and lots of fruits and veggies whereas before her pregnancy, she was quite a junk food junkie.

Baby was kissed a lot, snuggled alot, hovered over a lot, etc. We took some warm outfits (the weather has gotten quite cold here and since Rosie's original due date was early August, many people bought warm clothes for the baby shower) and they were much appreciated. She's been keeping her wrapped in blankets as the heat in the rental is not up a running yet. So, dh and I are going to purchase some more things and she doesn't have a snowsuit/coat yet so we will get that as well. If one were to judge by the winter coats that the farm animals have put on, Michigan's winter is going to be nasty.

We have high hopes that this will continue. She was friendly and cheerful and showed no signs of post partum depression. The daddy, though he works a lot, appears to be quite enamored with his little girl and is very helpful around the house. We also hope that continues.

Thanks to all,

With a grateful heart,

Faith

What a great update!