Menu

Do you keep your SOTW when you are done with grammar age stduents?

JadeOrchidSong

We are just done with SOTW1 and I wonder what I should do with the book and AG. Do you keep yours for review purpose or for a second round when the kids are near middle school age? Do you plan to use them again? I don't know if we will do this again because this is geared for younger students rather than middle school age kids. What have you done?

J

I've kept them because I figured it would be good to have around when we go through the cycle again, even it we didn't use them for our spine. Now that little man is here, I'm really glad I kept them since I'll use it all again with him. Let's not talk about all the phonics stuff I did get rid off :glare:.

We are just done with SOTW1 and I wonder what I should do with the book and AG. Do you keep yours for review purpose or for a second round when the kids are near middle school age? Do you plan to use them again? I don't know if we will do this again because this is geared for younger students rather than middle school age kids. What have you done?

J

My son has always enjoyed just pulling them out to read, so we'll pretty much always have them.

I didn't think we would use them again, but kept them for my younger children.

This year we are back at ancients with a 5th and 4th grader. I researched and studied and compared and decided to do SOTW 1 again. We love it so much more than the first time around!

All those projects and narrations and extra books we didn't get to the first time are so much fun this time (and not even that much work for me!).

I also have really increased the amount of independant reading and number of writing projects they are required to do this year so it is nice to have a simple text so we can spend time on more writing.

I'm keeping them. I have SOTW 1 and 2 so far, both hardcover so they last. History is ds' favorite subject. Not only do I have two more children to go through history, but I think both ds and I would love a refresher and reread SOTW when or before the next cycle comes around.

Are you trying to tell me that all of your SOTW's are in good enough shape to sell? Geesh, mine look like bargain books by now, LOL.

We keep them with all of their crumbs, koolaid stains, paint marks, coloring crayons, et cetera. Ours are well worn, loved, and used. :)

We keep, obviously.

Are you trying to tell me that all of your SOTW's are in good enough shape to sell? Geesh, mine look like bargain books by now, LOL.

We keep them with all of their crumbs, koolaid stains, paint marks, coloring crayons, et cetera. Ours are well worn, loved, and used. :)

We keep, obviously.

I started with Sonlight Core 1 and after 20 weeks added SOTW 1 and we went quickly through it as review as well as for new lessons and mainly for the narration questions and coloring pages and occasional projects. So ours is done in 4 months instead of 9 months. So it is still pretty new, the book and the AG. For per your advice, I am not selling them. I will keep them to maybe do another round or as a supplement later. My two dc are almost 8 and almost 6 and I don't have younger ones that will use it.

J