Menu

What shoes do you wear with...

...your jeans?

Some sort of closed shoe--tennies, some other shoes I can't remember the name of that tie, close-toe Merril slides.

...your casual knee length skirts?

That's tougher. :001_huh: I hardly ever wear casual knee-length skirts in cooler weather, lol, but if I did, it would have to be a little dressier shoe, one that I would wear--gasp--hose with.

...your jeans?

Dh got me a pair of sweater-style UGGS last year for Christmas. They feel like house slippers and are SOOOOO comfy. The only problem with these is that I don't like to wear them if there is a hint of mud or moisture on the ground, since they are off-white.:tongue_smilie:

Keen sandals--I still wear these unless it is REALLY cold.

I want a pair of fleece-lined crocs.

...your casual knee length skirts?

um.....casual skirt....what is that?:tongue_smilie:

When I see OTHER people wear them, I like a combo of flats, tights (when I worked at a private school with a strict dress code, I liked wearing tights better than hose), tall boots.....but I don't wear skirts. Probably too many years of working at the above mentioned private school with a strict dress code.

I try not to wear sneakers with my jeans--I had a friend in college who like to harp at me about it and I mostly agree with her that I look a lot more "put together" when I wear black or brown oxfords like these http://www.payless.com/store/product/detail.jsp?skuId=072057085&productId=65966&subCatId=cat10268&catId=cat10088&lotId=072057&category=&catdisplayName=Womens+ with jeans.

My fashion advisor is suggesting loafer flats with the jeans. They can work with more casual skirts as well as ballet flats.

I do have a pair of classic loafers similar to the image below that I wear with pants, and sometimes with casual skirts. Since they are closed shoes, I wear trouser socks or knee-high hose (with the pants) or hose (with the skirt). It's just not ok to wear closed shoes without socks/hose of some kind.:tongue_smilie:

etienne_loafers_008.JPG

Edited by Ellie

I still wear sandals with jeans until it's really cold then I switch to clogs or a casual closed toe heel. I'm short - but petite jeans don't fit right - so my jeans are always longer, plus dh is over a foot-and-a-half taller than I am so heels are always my preference. I don't wear casual longer skirts anymore, but when I did I wore sandals or a ballet flat.

I still wear sandals with jeans until it's really cold then I switch to clogs or a casual closed toe heel. I'm short - but petite jeans don't fit right - so my jeans are always longer, plus dh is over a foot-and-a-half taller than I am so heels are always my preference. I don't wear casual longer skirts anymore, but when I did I wore sandals or a ballet flat.

I am a shorty too and I HATE jean shopping, shoot I hate it when it gets too cold for knee length dresses. Last year I bought leggins and started wearing them under certain dresses I hate pants so much. I am 5'2 but VERY long thru the torso and short legs.