Menu

Ten years ago today...

I became a mommy to a beautiful little baby girl. She's not a baby anymore, and I am amazed everyday by her. I have never met another child who was born knowing exactly who she is! She has found her place in the world, and she goes for it with all she has. She is such an old soul, and I feel so privileged to be her mommy.

Here is one of my favorite pictures of her:

post-1032-13535083837117_thumb.jpg

She doesn't like this picture because she had just gotten out of the shower and her hair is still wet. I think she is precious. :)

Just wanted to share. I can't believe I have a child in the double digits. It does fly by!!

Edited by Nakia

She's a lovely girl! Yes, those double digits come all too soon. Happy Birthday!

Thank you.

How very sweet! Yes, it flies by. My littlest guy just turned 11. Sounds like you are a lovely mom appreciating every moment with her.

That is so kind. I'm afraid I have many un-sweet moments, lol. But she is such an easy child to parent. My husband and I joke that we thought we were great parents when we only had her. She is just such a cool little person. She loves reading, Elvis Pressley (who lives on in her heart, her words!), sewing, horses, and babies. Her best friend is her 67 year old horseback riding instructor. :001_smile:

I can't get over the fact that God trusted me with these sweet girls. They are amazing.

And now I am sobbing. I only have EIGHT more years with her at home. I feel like, of my three girls, she will be the one who flies out of the nest at the first chance she gets. She is just so confident and knows what she wants to do with her life. I can still smell her baby breath. I remember her first laugh. And the way her hair stuck up on the back of her head until she was two.

Geez, I am a blubbering mess. Going to get some kleenex.

I'm with ya here!!! My dd1 turned 10 last month and my other childrenare around the same age as yours. I spent soooooo much time trying to raise them, working as a mom, being frustrated and tired, I feel its alll lost. I make a new dedication every so often to sit and look at her, really see her and love all that she is---right now. Her stupid questions, her constant wonder at life (this one is a new soul), her long thin fingers wrapped around a paintbrush (she is an amazing artist). Please let me remember her. Please don't let me screw this up and have her think I am toxic (like my own mother). Please let us be close. Please let her forgive all my blunders and angry outbursts. Let her know that she is loved and lovable.

(sorry you brought out the stuff I was holding in)

Lara

And now I am sobbing. I only have EIGHT more years with her at home. I feel like, of my three girls, she will be the one who flies out of the nest at the first chance she gets. She is just so confident and knows what she wants to do with her life. I can still smell her baby breath. I remember her first laugh. And the way her hair stuck up on the back of her head until she was two.

Hon - are you still taking those meds?? :tongue_smilie:

Happy birthday to your dd! I bet you'll always be her mama; you're raising a strong wonderful girl.

I became a mommy to a beautiful little baby girl. She's not a baby anymore, and I am amazed everyday by her. I have never met another child who was born knowing exactly who she is! She has found her place in the world, and she goes for it with all she has. She is such an old soul, and I feel so privileged to be her mommy.

But she is such an easy child to parent. My husband and I joke that we thought we were great parents when we only had her. She is just such a cool little person. She loves reading, Elvis Pressley (who lives on in her heart, her words!), sewing, horses, and babies. Her best friend is her 67 year old horseback riding instructor. :001_smile:

I can't get over the fact that God trusted me with these sweet girls. They are amazing.

My DD is just like this! Two of her best friends are her pony and DH's 80 yo autistic uncle (they love to play Wii bowling and watch SpongeBob together — they even have matching SpongeBob pajamas :D) We adopted DD when she was 4 months old and I've been in complete awe of her since the first day I met her. She's so calm and confident and sure about everything; she approaches every new adventure with absolute certainty that it's going to be awesome, lol. She's almost 8 and, like you, I can't get over how lucky I am to be her mom.

Happy birthday to your beautiful baby girl, and may the next 8 years seem to last forever. :grouphug:

Jackie

Thanks for sharing. Today has been "one of those days." It was nice to have a reminder of why I am doing this. I love my kids and I love homeschooling them. Thanks for reminding me.

You're welcome. :grouphug:

I'm with ya here!!! My dd1 turned 10 last month and my other childrenare around the same age as yours. I spent soooooo much time trying to raise them, working as a mom, being frustrated and tired, I feel its alll lost. I make a new dedication every so often to sit and look at her, really see her and love all that she is---right now. Her stupid questions, her constant wonder at life (this one is a new soul), her long thin fingers wrapped around a paintbrush (she is an amazing artist). Please let me remember her. Please don't let me screw this up and have her think I am toxic (like my own mother). Please let us be close. Please let her forgive all my blunders and angry outbursts. Let her know that she is loved and lovable.

Lara

I have the same thoughts and hopes. I am not close with my mother, and I want so much more for my relationship with my girls. I'm glad you shared too.

Hon - are you still taking those meds?? :tongue_smilie:

Happy birthday to your dd! I bet you'll always be her mama; you're raising a strong wonderful girl.

Thank you!

Nakia - She's beautiful, by the way. I'm thinking an arranged marriage with Andrew??? :001_smile:

I love Andrew!!! Yes, we have to get something arranged between these two. I can't wait for them to meet. Anna loves laughing, and Andrew will definitely make her do that. Anna and Andrew!! It sounds perfect together!! Can't wait to see you again!

My DD is just like this! Two of her best friends are her pony and DH's 80 yo autistic uncle (they love to play Wii bowling and watch SpongeBob together — they even have matching SpongeBob pajamas :D) We adopted DD when she was 4 months old and I've been in complete awe of her since the first day I met her. She's so calm and confident and sure about everything; she approaches every new adventure with absolute certainty that it's going to be awesome, lol. She's almost 8 and, like you, I can't get over how lucky I am to be her mom.

Happy birthday to your beautiful baby girl, and may the next 8 years seem to last forever. :grouphug:

Jackie

Your daughter sounds amazing! I love Anna's confidence. I hope she always keeps that. I have never been a confident person, and I love watching her take on whatever she has in front her with no regrets!!

I have spent the last two days crying and reminiscing. She kept hugging me yesterday and telling me that it would be okay and that she is still my girl. :001_wub:

Today, I finally realized that no amount of crying will keep her from growing up, lol.

Here is a cute pic of her with her freshly painted room (yes it is bright!!) and her new bedding. She loves it!

post-1032-1353508384099_thumb.jpg

post-1032-1353508384099_thumb.jpg

I have spent the last two days crying and reminiscing. She kept hugging me yesterday and telling me that it would be okay and that she is still my girl. :001_wub:

Today, I finally realized that no amount of crying will keep her from growing up, lol.

Here is a cute pic of her with her freshly painted room (yes it is bright!!) and her new bedding. She loves it!

[ATTACH]3185[/ATTACH]

Aw. I have those days, too. You're raising a beautiful, confident girl. What a wonderful thing. Happy birthday!

She really does have those knowing, "old-soul" eyes doesn't she?

Congratulations on reaching such a lovely milestone!

You must be so proud!

Your dd is exquiste!

It's funny...your description of your child being an "old soul" and always

knowing her own light fits my ds to a T.

And his birthday is today! My first precious baby.

He's 11 now and is the most amazing person I've ever met. Truly.

Must be something very special about first babies born in late Aug.

Enjoy your days together!

Lara

Lara, I have been thinking so much about what you wrote. Sometimes I have wished for a do-over with my girls because I am not always the graceful and patient mom that I always wanted to be. I screw up every single day. Despite that, my kids are amazing. They are kind, thoughtful, patient, and love Jesus. So, I am know we are doing something right. I might mess up, but they will never doubt that their mom is a real person, does the best she can, and that my love for them will never fail. They have seen me go through some humbling moments, and I apologize to them when I have hurt them. That's something my mother never did, and still doesn't do. We are breaking some cycles, and that matters.

Thanks again for sharing. I think these moments are really important. It's wise to take time to think about these most precious relationships. :grouphug:

Aw. I have those days, too. You're raising a beautiful, confident girl. What a wonderful thing. Happy birthday!

She really does have those knowing, "old-soul" eyes doesn't she?

She really does having the most knowing eyes. My middle always gets complimented because she has giant eyes with long eyelashes, but my oldest has those kind of eyes that are truly windows to her soul.

Congratulations on reaching such a lovely milestone!

You must be so proud!

Your dd is exquiste!

It's funny...your description of your child being an "old soul" and always

knowing her own light fits my ds to a T.

And his birthday is today! My first precious baby.

He's 11 now and is the most amazing person I've ever met. Truly.

Must be something very special about first babies born in late Aug.

Enjoy your days together!

Happy Birthday to your boy! Isn't it amazing to be a mother? I am just in awe of these special little people in my life. They are all so different and unique. My heart is overwhelmed, at times, at the thought of it all.

She is beautiful. You need to get a grip.:D I'm joking -- I hear you. I cannot believe that my twins are going to be ten in two months. They are my BABIES!!!!!:crying:

Well shoot. I don't come to these forums to cry! :crying: I understand so much of what you wrote; it reminds me of my oldest who is soon to be 16. Our neighbor's daughter left recently for out of state college, and I've twice had to comfort my crying 9 yo who doesn't want her sister to leave in 2 years. I explain it will be more like 3 years, and it will all be okay, she'll come home on breaks, etc, when I just want to go have a cry about it myself.

Happy belated birthday to your beautiful daughter. And hugs and love for you, sweet mama.

She is beautiful. You need to get a grip.:D I'm joking -- I hear you. I cannot believe that my twins are going to be ten in two months. They are my BABIES!!!!!:crying:

HAHA! My husband kept looking at me funny yesterday as I cried. He is really supportive, but not a bit sentimental like I am. It will hit him one day, probably as he walks her down the aisle. :001_smile:

Well shoot. I don't come to these forums to cry! :crying: I understand so much of what you wrote; it reminds me of my oldest who is soon to be 16. Our neighbor's daughter left recently for out of state college, and I've twice had to comfort my crying 9 yo who doesn't want her sister to leave in 2 years. I explain it will be more like 3 years, and it will all be okay, she'll come home on breaks, etc, when I just want to go have a cry about it myself.

Happy belated birthday to your beautiful daughter. And hugs and love for you, sweet mama.

Thank you Rhea. It's so special to be a mommy...