Menu

Let's say you run out of diapers...

Do you have any clean washcloths or dishtowels you could use? Or a friend who could run to the store for you? Otherwise I would probably just leave the baby without a diaper and make sure there was something waterproof underneath at all times until I could get diapers.

Hey, I'm in the DFW area. I can bring you diapers. I think we're pretty close from what I remember. Preston/635 area? I'll even be without the kids from 11-2! I'll pm you with my number.

You are SO sweet, but I'm afraid we're not close. :o I'm way over in FW.

Hey, I'm in the DFW area. I can bring you diapers. I think we're pretty close from what I remember. Preston/635 area? I'll even be without the kids from 11-2! I'll pm you with my number.

HEY

I am close to you, I am at Hillcrest and Beltline, but I don't need any diapers LOLOLOL. Who knew a WTM lived that close?

You are SO sweet, but I'm afraid we're not close. :o I'm way over in FW.

But what part of Ft Worth? We are seriously considering (hopefully make final decision this week) moving back to DFW (I grew up there). My sister lives in White Settlement so we will probably settle near her (tho I have parents in Keller, another sister in Arlington and another sister in Mansfield).

Guest Virginia Dawn

Do you have any large safety pins? I vote for towels. Hand towels are about the size of a pre-folded diaper. Place a washcloth or two in the middle for extra absorbency.

FYI: sanitary pads don't work.

Who knew??? I thought they would work too

Or that I'm out of quarters for the laundry?:eek:

Aubrey

I have been there we only have one car and when my kids were babies we only had on too. I remember one pay day dh left for work and I had 3 diapers to last the day, for two kids:blink: I decided to change them at lunch and hope for the best, but by lunch both had been changed I was scared. Dh just happened to drop by on his route and knew I was very distressed and ran to the dollar store and got some to last me the afternoon.

I would use a hand towel if you have them and a washcloth. OHHh after that I went and bought some cheap cloth diapers just in case, without dh knowing I didn't want him to feel bad. I used those clothe diapers about 3 times when we were just squeeking by. not that you are I am just sharing.

blessings

lori

Aubrey

I have been there we only have one car and when my kids were babies we only had on too. I remember one pay day dh left for work and I had 3 diapers to last the day, for two kids:blink: I decided to change them at lunch and hope for the best, but by lunch both had been changed I was scared. Dh just happened to drop by on his route and knew I was very distressed and ran to the dollar store and got some to last me the afternoon.

I would use a hand towel if you have them and a washcloth. OHHh after that I went and bought some cheap cloth diapers just in case, without dh knowing I didn't want him to feel bad. I used those clothe diapers about 3 times when we were just squeeking by. not that you are I am just sharing.

blessings

lori

Nope, I'm just dumb. I buy the huge mega boxes that look like they'll last a lifetime & am always ALWAYS surprised when they don't.

I was at the groc store the other day, knew I was running low, but decided to wait until I could go to WM because they stock bigger (cheaper) boxes there. And when I made that decision, I knew I'd regret it.

It reminds me of when I was 16 & was shocked at how fast gas prices were rising. I'd only fill up $5 at a time, hoping for them to come back down. And I'd always end up stranded because I was out of gas. At least I don't do *that* anymore! :rolleyes:

Nope, I'm just dumb. I buy the huge mega boxes that look like they'll last a lifetime & am always ALWAYS surprised when they don't.

I was at the groc store the other day, knew I was running low, but decided to wait until I could go to WM because they stock bigger (cheaper) boxes there. And when I made that decision, I knew I'd regret it.

It reminds me of when I was 16 & was shocked at how fast gas prices were rising. I'd only fill up $5 at a time, hoping for them to come back down. And I'd always end up stranded because I was out of gas. At least I don't do *that* anymore! :rolleyes:

Aubrey

we could be sisters LOL, I do have a step daughter named Aubrey just thought I would throw that out there, I do the exact same thing. That is why we ran out of toilet paper, trash bags, and paper towels last week:glare: and why we are out of bread, tortillas (big staple here) and paper plates (sanity saver for me and dinner dishes) this week. I just keep waiting for the price to drop. LOL but they don't they keep rising.

blessings

lori

I have to say that this thread has kept me coming back to the computer over and over this morning! I am amazed at the very creative suggestions you have been given. I feel so bad for you, though. I wish I could bring you some diapers!

I have a slightly different problem. I have plenty of diapers here, but my toddler will NOT keep them on. It seems every time I turn my back, she is taking it off again. I have already had to clean up one mess on the carpet this morning. :glare:

I have to say that this thread has kept me coming back to the computer over and over this morning! I am amazed at the very creative suggestions you have been given. I feel so bad for you, though. I wish I could bring you some diapers!

I have a slightly different problem. I have plenty of diapers here, but my toddler will NOT keep them on. It seems every time I turn my back, she is taking it off again. I have already had to clean up one mess on the carpet this morning. :glare:

Nope. I've got *that* problem, too. :glare:

So which size did you run out of? The ones for the 11mo or the 4mo? Can you figure out a way to put the wrong size on?

Did anyone already suggest taking a pair of big kid undies and sticking towels inside?

You don't even have a swim diaper?

What about paper towel?

Even if you're using hand towels you might want to line them with paper towel, or the above mentioned sanitary napkin.

Hmmm...no neighbors at all, eh?

Any chance dh can come home a little early? Maybe for lunch?

OHH been there, have you tried putting them on backwards? OHHH at night we use to duct tape my dd's close, after she awoke early and decorated her bedroom wall and crib (when we had no washer and used a laundrymat with only one car) with her diapers contents:001_huh:

hth

lori

So which size did you run out of? The ones for the 11mo or the 4mo? Can you figure out a way to put the wrong size on?

That's -4mos. As in 5mos pg. Nice thought, though.

Did anyone already suggest taking a pair of big kid undies and sticking towels inside?

You don't even have a swim diaper?

What about paper towel?

Yep. Wasn't absorbent enough.

Nope.

Well...if the undies + sanitary pad didn't work, I'm thinking my paper towels are *definitely* too flimsy! lol

Even if you're using hand towels you might want to line them with paper towel, or the above mentioned sanitary napkin.

Hmmm...no neighbors at all, eh?

Well, yes. My closest neighbor w/ diapers wasn't home, but I had to borrow one from her once before. I'm too embarrassed to do it again. Then there's the one w/ a potty-training 2yo. If she's got any left, she probably needs to hang on to them, jic. Then there are the scary neighbors. Scary, but nice. And finally, newbies way down. "Hi, nice to meet ya. Have an extra diaper?" Can't do it.

Any chance dh can come home a little early? Maybe for lunch?

He's only working a 6hr shift today, so no lunch. I did call to make sure, & he'll bring some home when he comes around 2. Only 2 hrs to go! She's sleeping now w/ a towel + washcloths, & silly me, I used up the last of my quarters doing laundry in the midst of this, not thinking about the laundry I'd have to do when this is over. :eek:

Maybe he'll bring quarters, too. LOL Life is such an adventure. It wouldn't be any fun if not for days like today.

Aha!

Oh well, that's what I get for skimming. I wasn't even thinking that it would be virtually impossible for you to have an 11mo and a 4mo.

I'm a nutter!

Can I blame hormones?

Lack of sleep?

Lack of protein?

Oh well!

Glad your dh will be home pretty soon. :D

Can't help you, but you have my sympathy.

I'm always afraid that I'll run out of diapers! As soon as I open a new box of diapers, I have to buy another box of diapers, so that I always have at least one full box of diapers around. I also stash diapers all over the house, just in case. DH looks at the stacks of boxes of diapers that I have and rolls his eyes. I'll just point him to this thread next time he says I have too many diapers!

-Kuovonne

Can't help you, but you have my sympathy.

I'm always afraid that I'll run out of diapers! As soon as I open a new box of diapers, I have to buy another box of diapers, so that I always have at least one full box of diapers around. I also stash diapers all over the house, just in case. DH looks at the stacks of boxes of diapers that I have and rolls his eyes. I'll just point him to this thread next time he says I have too many diapers!

-Kuovonne

That's what I do, too. So you never *really* believe that you could actually be out. And we're not...I've got more in the car.

BTW...I just realized I've got cloth diapers somebody decorated for me to use as burp cloths years ago. Duh!

Glad you made it!

Lori, we're actually very close! What a small world it is some days! How fun, now I'm going to be looking at everyone I drive by wondering....is that a fellow hser????

Well unless it is on a Wednesday (we only have one car and that is dh's day off) it is not me :)