Banana and Nutella Pancakes with Hot Buttered Rum Sauce

Fork smashed bananas with Nutella folded in

Add to Batter Blaster

For the Hot Buttered Rum Sauce:

4 oz. Butter

1 c Whipping cream

1 c Dark brown sugar

3 T Dark rum

Melt the butter in saucepan, add brown sugar and heavy cream.

Bring to slight boil.

Remove from heat and add rum.

My hubby brought home a can because he thought it would be quick and easy for school mornings. The brand we get is organic and actually tastes pretty good.

Really? I thought it was weird, but I almost bought some because I thought my girls might like to try it. If it's actually good, I may go ahead and get some next time I'm there. :D

We tried the can thing. The pancakes ended up very airy. Very light. If I usually eat 2 or 3 pancakes, I was eating 5-7 because there was nothing there! They did taste good though.

Yep, this.

And the can runs out sooner than you'd think it should. But they do taste good and i agree it would be great for something like camping, if you bring an electric griddle or something.

Normally not something I would purchase, but I had a coupon, they were Buy One, Get one, and so figured why not.

The brand I bought was Organic. It actually tasted pretty good. They were light and fluffy.

I would buy again if going camping or something....no real need at home but overall, impressed.

Yep, this.

And the can runs out sooner than you'd think it should. But they do taste good and i agree it would be great for something like camping, if you bring an electric griddle or something.

The kids would think it was great fun, and for camping (I've done pancakes from scratch while camping also--with a toddler in tow.) it would be very convenient, but are people really having that much difficulty mixing pancakes? It takes me two minutes from scratch (and "scratch" does not involve a biscuit mix).

I think I'll go make some now as after looking at that site, I'm suddenly hungry for them! :lol:

We bought an organic brand at BJs, and it was nothing to write home about. The taste is a little strange, with a bit of a chemical taste or something -- probably not a problem if you use syrup, but I tried one plain with a little butter. It wasn't awful, but not nearly as good as "real" pancakes. Also, we all felt kind of queasy afterward, so I tossed both cans in the trash.

It was a cool idea, but I wouldn't buy it again.

Cat

Hey! There's a recipe for using this stuff with Nutella... :lol:

Banana and Nutella Pancakes with Hot Buttered Rum Sauce

Fork smashed bananas with Nutella folded in

Add to Batter Blaster

For the Hot Buttered Rum Sauce:

4 oz. Butter

1 c Whipping cream

1 c Dark brown sugar

3 T Dark rum

Melt the butter in saucepan, add brown sugar and heavy cream.

Bring to slight boil.

Remove from heat and add rum.

:w00t: YUM!!

P.S. I'm glad I can't be blamed for this recipe. :lol: