Menu

Update from today's appt. (8/3)

I saw the oncologist today. He offered some options for the bone pain, so I'll be trying those over the next few days. I admit I'm anxious about it, but he says that his patients do get relief from the patch he prescribed. It may take a few days to figure out what amount I will need though. Pray it works and gives me the relief I need. The pain is at least a 10 and worse than the back labor I had with all the children. I'm learning that pain is definitely something that can grip your whole being and at this level, it is extremely hard to handle until you get relief. I'm so thankful when the medicine finally kicks in!

I will have another MRI done on my back in the next week since this is a new pain. He needs to see what is going on and if it is something new or just from previous bone mets.

I go to Duke on Thursday to see if they have any options on what steps we need to take at this point. Pray that I can stay on the Tarceva and that they agree it has been the pain medicine that I've been on that has caused the slight growth of the tumor. It has Motrin in it and evidently doesn't mix well with Tarceva, so we're hoping that it's a "quick fix" (if there is such a thing). I was doing fine until I had to go on pain meds.

I feel like the arrows are flying at us left and right. It's hard to control the emotions and reminds me of the early days after the diagnosis. It feels like a nightmare right now.

Pray for my dh as this is one of his busiest months and having to be off half days or whole days to go to the doctor with me this month makes it even harder. We all need peaceful, restful sleep at night. He needs prayer for his hands and arms to be strong to do his work, plus to be able to take care of me when he comes home. Some nights I have to have back massages to get the pain to go away.

Thank you for your encouraging posts and prayers!

Love,

Molly