Menu

Who knew we'd deprived our kids so badly?

We just bought a house in which there is a fridge that has ..... an ICE MAKER. We've never had an ice maker before -- we just did without. Apperently my children have longed for water that's colder than cold. They're going nuts over ICE; the ice maker can't keep up. My daughter just went outside with a half gallon jar crammed full of ice, and then filled with water. She had a big smile on her face.

:D

I'm a fan of icemakers. This is our second summer without one, it broke two years ago and had already been replaced once. So, we just pick up a bag of ice each time we go to the store, otherwise we can't keep up with the demand. In the winter, we're fine using the little blue ice cube trays.

We just replaced our old refrigerator with a new one that has both an ice and water dispenser on the door - it was actually cheaper with than without on this model. My girls are drinking so much more water this summer, and I have to admit it sure is nice to push a button and get ice and water. Now that I have it, I think I like it quite a bit.

We just bought a house in which there is a fridge that has ..... an ICE MAKER. We've never had an ice maker before -- we just did without. Apperently my children have longed for water that's colder than cold. They're going nuts over ICE; the ice maker can't keep up. My daughter just went outside with a half gallon jar crammed full of ice, and then filled with water. She had a big smile on her face.

So you did without ICE or without an ice MAKER? We don't have an ice maker but we use the trays. Dh couldn't go without ice. Just couldn't do it! I'm always putting my water bottles into the freezer so they partially freeze. Shame on you for depriving your dc! :D

It's the little things. Our ice maker broke about 4 years ago. It flooded the basement. I have not repaired it. My next fridge will not have one. I rarely use ice. Dh has learned to live without it. I will on occasion make a tray or two of ice. If we are having company we buy a bag of ice.

So you did without ICE or without an ice MAKER? ... Shame on you for depriving your dc!

We had neither an ice maker OR ice before. I didn't like using trays, never have, so we didn't have ice -- that's why they're loving it so much. It's like sci-fi world to them.

Look! You take all the ice out and then in a few hours it's full again! What will they think of next? Phones that don't move around so you always know where one is?

Look! You take all the ice out and then in a few hours it's full again! What will they think of next? Phones that don't move around so you always know where one is? [/i]

My frig had a broken ice maker in the door for a year. When I got my new Amana French door w/ freezer on the bottom I threw a "fridge warming" party.

No ice maker here, but Diva and I spent part of the am scrubbing out the fridge...she'd be impressed w/a self cleaning option...which I don't have on my oven either.

I'm soooo deprived :crying: Forget the kids, *I* want ice at the touch of a button, and an oven that doesn't require the use of noxious chemicals to clean!

*runs away sobbing in appliance envy*