Menu

teeny brag

Wow, that's awesome. I tried to do the couch to 5K once and I just couldn't. I thought they moved too fast in regard to how soon and how much they had you increase jogging time. I'm sure I could have just extended it longer, but I decided that what it comes down to in the end is that I hate jogging/running lol. I'm impressed with anyone who can actually stick with that!

You should be happy!! Great job. I started the program last year in May after never jogging before in my life. I've been jogging every week since--except for the week my daughter had surgery. It took me awhile to actually enjoy the jogging. Hang in there and keep up the good work!

Wow, that's awesome. I tried to do the couch to 5K once and I just couldn't. I thought they moved too fast in regard to how soon and how much they had you increase jogging time. I'm sure I could have just extended it longer, but I decided that what it comes down to in the end is that I hate jogging/running lol. I'm impressed with anyone who can actually stick with that!

:iagree: I could have written the above. :lol: Accordingly, I don't consider your post to be a teeny brag at all! Congratulations on a HUGE accomplishment!

Thanks everyone! I am pretty excited about this. I've never been a runner, always got winded so fast & got a stitch & just felt awful.

Honestly I still hate it. But I went in thinking it doesn't matter if I hate it - it's good for me & it's efficient, & I need to do something to combat my rapidly expanding pre-menopause butt.

My 15yo dd is doing it with me & that's been fun. She has LONG legs & she's fitter so she runs faster, but we're running on a track so I can see her & we high 5 each other as she passes me.

Anyone who has been thinking about it, really give c25k a try. I was not fit at all when I started - week 1 hurt me LOL. With the podcasts, it's actually sort of fun & it really does work. I'm glad to be 'over the hump' & past the 1/2 way mark. I hope the 2nd half is not worse than the first!

p.s. I haven't planned on entering races but you've planted the seed :)

Congrats! This program really does work. My DS (12) and I worked through the program and then ran a 5K race, now we are running a 4 mile race on Sunday (4 on the 4th). I have found that paying an entry fee really keeps me motivated to keep running! Keep up the good work, graduation day feels so good!