Menu

For whoever wanted to see the silly horse...

Wow, scary crinkly noisy tarp & she's just hanging out! Awesome!

And omg, she's lovely. She's totally voguing for the camera too.

When my dd was riding one of the skittish horses at the stables was terrified of a small, non crinkly plastic bag on the ground. Would not go near it. One of the trainers picked it up and that poor horse nearly leaped out of her skin with terror.

All the years of competing in trail classes with various horses and you have one that wears the tarp, not just walks over it.:tongue_smilie: She's a beauty and the driving pictures on your blog are great. They make me rather teary-eyed, reminiscing. I guess you can take girl off the horse but you can't take the horse out of the girl...or something like that. Maybe that it explains why I snort when I read certain post of yours.:D Thanks for sharing.

When my dd was riding one of the skittish horses at the stables was terrified of a small, non crinkly plastic bag on the ground. Would not go near it. One of the trainers picked it up and that poor horse nearly leaped out of her skin with terror.

Yep, that's the reason for all the tarping. She's a real spook out on the trails, but our biggest problem is turkeys. They wait until you are right on top of them, then they explode. Turkeys are my biggest riding fear.

She's pretty. I know nothing about horses--so bear with me. What is the purpose of the tarp?

It's an effort to get her de-sensitized to anything that might make her jump out of her skin and throw me to the ground. I use empty milk jugs, boat buoys, Walmart bags, big beach balls, towels, whips, ropes, anything and everything.

All the work pays off when a child gets away from a parent and and connects with a horse butt at full speed. This actually happened, and the horse just looked at me like "And how long will THIS kid be visiting???"

It's an effort to get her de-sensitized to anything that might make her jump out of her skin and throw me to the ground. I use empty milk jugs, boat buoys, Walmart bags, big beach balls, towels, whips, ropes, anything and everything.

All the work pays off when a child gets away from a parent and and connects with a horse butt at full speed. This actually happened, and the horse just looked at me like "And how long will THIS kid be visiting???"

Was that one of mine??

She's beautiful! :001_smile: We will be moving in 5 weeks and there are horse stables within 5 minutes of the house. I can't wait to go see them and photography them...they are such beautiful animals.

What a sweet and gentle looking face. I wanted to reach into the monitor and tickle her chin. Ahem...back to work.

She looks lovely.

I too hate turkeys. Good gravy, I don't know if I'll ever get my horse, Lady, to stop spooking over them. They are just so annoying.

Off to the barn, does anybody else adore their horses but have days when you really just don't want to chores no matter what? I'm in a mind over matter mode right now and thinking, "Just how bad would it be to leave them out all night?" Sigh, no...they will be standing at the gate wondering, "Where's my stall, my flake of hay, my sweet feed, my pet me's, my brushing?" I swear these horses are a lot like the dogs in the old version of 101 Dalmatians...the farm owner and I are their "pets".

Again, lovely horse.

Faith

What a sweet and gentle looking face. I wanted to reach into the monitor and tickle her chin. Ahem...back to work.

:iagree:

I'd love to rub her velvety muzzle and bury my face in her mane to inhale her horsey scent. But that doesn't mean I want a horse. Not really. :001_unsure:

She's beautiful! :001_smile: We will be moving in 5 weeks and there are horse stables within 5 minutes of the house. I can't wait to go see them and photography them...they are such beautiful animals.

Careful. It is a slippery slope. First you go to see them and take some pictures and the next thing you know you are leasing/buying a beast of your own, tack, etc. ;)

That's my Ivan. I canNOT get him past this fear. I have tried and tried and tried! He has tried and tried and tried and tried. He just can't get over the fear.

RM, loved your pictures!