Menu

Board shorts and rash gards for young ladies

Can anyone recommend a good place to shop for board shorts and rash guards? My poor dd needs something she can be more comfortable swimming in. She hates 'hanging out' and so do I. We are looking for something in women's sizes. Who knows, I might even buy some for myself!

Edited by Apryl H
because I can't spell guard! lol

I've looked at Land's End and didn't see what I'm looking for. We are looking for short sleeved rash guards and longer board shorts (dd would like some with pockets, but would like to find some made for girls, not guys.) I've found a few places online that sell them, but wondered if anyone had a place they knew had good service, or at least knew the product.

Edited by Apryl H

I believe I saw some longer board shorts in the new Title 9 catalogue (www.title9.com).

I ended up buying my dd rash guards and board shorts in the boy's department. They are turquoise and have flowers on them, so feminine enough. She wears bikini bottoms underneath and we cut out the mesh liner. Much cheaper; I got them at JC Penney on sale for $11.99 and they are UPF 50.

I've looked at Land's End and didn't see what I'm looking for. We are looking for short sleeved rash guards.

just checking....

I bought my short sleeved rash guards from Land's End. They still carry the short sleeve. It still might not be what you want.. but

did you see these styles with short sleeve?

Women's Regular Short Sleeve AquaTerraâ„¢ Rash Guard

Girls' Short Sleeve Mockneck Rash Guard Item # 39079-9A60

lots of pink, some with flowers. etc.

it still might not be what you like.

-crystal

Land's End might carry them. My friend has two girls that are very "boy shaped" i.e. no hips, no behind, and her girls actually pick hawaiian themed boys swim trunks and then wear girl's rash guard shirts from Old Navy. They really like the comfort of the swim trunks - no riding up!

The Old Navy closest to us carries both boy's and girl's rash guards. I am not certain if they have board shorts or if they have women's rash guards.

Faith

Thanks everyone. I think I'm going to go to a couple of local stores and let her try on some of the boys/men's stuff, and look for womens. She's very curvy, and well, pretty much full grown. So the boys/mens things probably won't fit very well. Add pickiness to that, and I'm having a hard time! :glare: She doesn't want to dress like a boy, but she also hates anything frou-frou and shuns pink like the plague. But maybe after trying on a few things, I might be able to get a better idea of what to order online if we can't find anything.

This site has longer boardshorts for women with the flap pockets on the leg. If you scroll down the bottom, they offer to custom make the shorts to your size, length and fabric. Maybe they could also do side pockets. It's $59 for the custom though.

http://boardshortsworld.com/boardshorts_2.aspx

I hope she finds something she really likes in one of the stores. :)