Menu

I prefer Crystal (she's the only contestant that's ever been on Idol whose albums I would actually buy), but I think Lee will win. I think most of the fans of Casey, Aaron, Big Mike, etc. will transfer to Lee rather than Crystal. I think Lee is really cute and sweet and has a nice tone to his voice, but I think Crystal is ten times the artist Lee is.

OTOH, it may be better for her career if she doesn't win, because the Idol title can make an artist seem more like a contest-winner than an artist, and the winner always gets stuck with an album full of awful pop songs written by Simon Fuller's stable of cr*p songwriters. I'd rather Crystal be runner-up and have more freedom with her album, including more of her original songs.

I'm much less excited about the Finale of Idol next Wednesday than I am about the start of SYTYCD next Thursday! I'd rather watch dance than pop music, and the kids on SYTYCD are so incredibly talented and work soooo hard it's really inspiring.

Jackie

DH and I like both of them, but agree that Lee has a more mainstream appeal. Crystal seems a bit "Lilith Fair" to me (okay, THAT dates me!) -- which is great, but of a more limited appeal. To quote my husband, "If men come out and vote, Lee will win - Lee isn't a wimp, and guys will buy his music." This isn't to say that men wouldn't vote for Crystal. (Come to think of it, I think when he said this, he was making a comparison to Casey...DH said he couldn't see himself listening to Casey purposefully, but *could* see himself listening to either Crystal or Lee.)

All of that rambling to say, I think either could win -- at this moment, I'm tipping a bit towards Lee; I've been a Crystal supporter all along, but I think Lee will win it in the end. Making it to the final two (or four for that matter) is a boon for any artist. I was disappointed that Big Mike didn't make it into the final three, but I don't think he would've made it into the final two. Casey isn't bad, I just would've like to have seen a bit of musical diversity in the final 3...they final three were pretty similar, though not identical -- and could pull the same audience.

Edited by BikeBookBread

Guest Noodles
I think Lee will win. Dial Idol showed him as the clear winner last show, far ahead of Crystal.

Crystal is my favorite. But, for the first time, I will be happy with either winner. I think they are both excellent musicians.

Cat

:iagree:

Me too!! I will be glad if either one wins. Two of my favorites in the finale-Makes for a great pizza party next week at my house. :D

I prefer Crystal (she's the only contestant that's ever been on Idol whose albums I would actually buy), but I think Lee will win. I think most of the fans of Casey, Aaron, Big Mike, etc. will transfer to Lee rather than Crystal. I think Lee is really cute and sweet and has a nice tone to his voice, but I think Crystal is ten times the artist Lee is.

OTOH, it may be better for her career if she doesn't win, because the Idol title can make an artist seem more like a contest-winner than an artist, and the winner always gets stuck with an album full of awful pop songs written by Simon Fuller's stable of cr*p songwriters. I'd rather Crystal be runner-up and have more freedom with her album, including more of her original songs.

:iagree::iagree: