Menu

Your absolute must-haves for your homeschool/schoolroom

My favorite is my white board! I never thought I'd say this. Ever. However, we have been using it a lot lately.

Other things we use a lot:

Globe and wall maps

Paper of all kind

Pencils, crayons, marker (a ton of these things in all sorts of colors)

That's it really for us.

Susie

My HP4800 scanner, my HP2600n Color laser printer, my 3 hole punch and my small paper trimmer. I love the little trimmer so that I can cut the weird edges of my sons GWG papers which we take out of the book. I also love the 3 hole punch as I keep all their completed work in large 3 ring binders.

Well it kind of depends on the ages of you kids but the most lasting has been wall maps. I have two school quality wall maps that I bought from a school supply store. I have a world and a US map. They are large and the kind you would find in a classroom. I got them on sale. This is the company who made the maps, http://www.macraesbluebook.com/search/company.cfm?company=479638 and I think this is the company I bought the maps from, http://www.abcschoolsupply.com/ although it might have been this company, http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/home/home.jsp I bought the maps well over 10 years ago :001_huh: We also had globes of the earth and of moon.

I had a giant white board that was on the wall too.

HTH

My white board, computer/printer, my bookshelves and my Smart Globe (boy, are the kids getting good at geography!). I love having a CD player in the room for classical music and history, and I couldn't do without that sticky stuff you use to tack projects/pictures to the wall! Oh, that and my latte maker for those days when I just can't get it together! :D

Jennifer

:glare: After that...whiteboard, comfy couch/seat for reading, lots of bookshelves and storage room, a closet would be nice, large table, desk for me and my computer and paraphernalia. Have I ever mentioned how much I loathe our dining room doubling as our schoolroom? Well...one can dream. :D

First of all, a husband who likes to cook. :thumbup1: This makes my life easier!

A great color copier

High speed internet

Creative Keepsakes Scrapbook Designer software - we use this a lot for notebooking

Lots of 3-ring binders full of page protectors to fill with all kinds of lovelies!

My mom's support group!

Exercise and lots of water

TWTM Message boards, of course

Daily time with the Lord - if I skip this, my attitude stinks :001_huh:

Coffee!!!!! :w00t:

Oh yes, and a good haircut once in a while doesn't hurt. I got sick of looking like a frumpy HS mom after a while, and consider a bit of self-care vital!

Great thread. I look forward to reading all the replies.

a heavy duty 3 hole punch

a laminated map of the world (or placemats if you school in the dining room)

a never ending supply of pencils

a heavy duty electric pencil sharpener

a DVD player (for the MUS DVD's, of course!) :)

HP printer, copier, scanner, fax

CD player

:glare: After that...whiteboard, comfy couch/seat for reading, lots of bookshelves and storage room, a closet would be nice, large table, desk for me and my computer and paraphernalia. Have I ever mentioned how much I loathe our dining room doubling as our schoolroom? Well...one can dream. :D

I hear your pain. We use the crates on wheels from Rainbow Resource to cart our school stuff around. It sure saves on the back.

http://www.rainbowresource.com/product/Rolling+Cart+-+Large+with+Lid/038414/1206670744-1233102

Computers - one for dc's and one for me.

Brother laser printer

HP All-in-one

White Board that covers wall.

Tons of books

Separate desks and big table in the middle (sometimes we need space)

Three Hole Punch

Stereo b/c we like music when we work

But, I think I need to give the coffee thing a try. Mine is downstairs and I need a coffee bar up here;)

OK, put on list, make small table coffee bar for starting back next week.

pencil sharpeners...lots of them (many a lesson has been waylaid at our house for lack of a sharp pencil - but no more!) and crayons/makers. A boring workbook lesson can be made all the more exciting when you get to do it in marker!

But, for me, I love having a duplexing color laser printer - man is that nice. We got it free from dh's work when they were getting rid of all their "old" printers. Also a white board is wonderful. We use it for everything.

And, for my girls, lots of arts and craft supplies are essential. We use them in school but they love to come up with their own projects too and it keeps them entertained.

I really like my whiteboard/chalkboard easel on wheels. On one side it's a whiteboard, and on the other side it is a chalkboard. I can move it easily around the schoolroom for all to see. Both sides are magnetized, so my youngest can use magnetic letters and numbers to play or do school. It was a little pricey, but DH & I got it for each other as a joint Christmas gift one year.