Menu

Singapore Users . . .

Okey dokey! General consensus rules!

The entire bound books. May I ask why do you want to separate them?

I cut the binding off of his Singapore Earlybird book this last year and it's been great to just hand him a sheet to do. I haven't received my 1A in the mail yet, but I know sometimes workbooks are hard to deal with - hard to stay open. It doesn't seem to be an issue, though, so I'll just leave 'em on. Thanks!

I'm considering cutting the workbook apart for 1A because my DD already knows how to add/subtract, but I think she's doing so based on two strategies-counting and rote memory. I want her to slow down a bit, do one strategy at a time so she knows them, and therefore I don't want her working ahead or skipping three lessons up because she likes the cute pictures.

Next question-and this sounds silly, but are the kids SUPPOSED to write in the textbook for 1A/1B?

Next question-and this sounds silly, but are the kids SUPPOSED to write in the textbook for 1A/1B?

Not silly! It does kind of look similar to the workbook doesn't it? That's up to you. I don't have mine write in it because we go over it orally. (He does enough writing in other subjects for a first grader.) If I were using them with an older child, I might have them write in it if it were quicker.

Not silly! It does kind of look similar to the workbook doesn't it? That's up to you. I don't have mine write in it because we go over it orally. (He does enough writing in other subjects for a first grader.) If I were using them with an older child, I might have them write in it if it were quicker.

Oh, good to know!