Menu

I have no life...

DS is attending a 4H weekend event; DD is at a Rascal Flats concert; DH is at work. Sounds great, right?

My big plans for the evening are to work on next week's lesson plans for DS, next week's lecture topics for my comm. college course, and to watch the Olympics and The Time Traveler's Wife.

Wasn't there a time when having a free Sat. night meant painting the town red?

Yes, but that season is LONG GONE. :tongue_smilie:

I have one rule for myself: If I have time alone in the house, I will NOT spend it cleaning! I will vacuum and make sure it's all picked up (I do that daily anyway) but if I'm alone, I'm going to be enjoying myself with NOBODY here to interrupt.

But if you'd rather go paint the town red, have at it. :tongue_smilie:

DS is attending a 4H weekend event; DD is at a Rascal Flats concert; DH is at work. Sounds great, right?

My big plans for the evening are to work on next week's lesson plans for DS, next week's lecture topics for my comm. college course, and to watch the Olympics and The Time Traveler's Wife.

Oh, come on, men's speed skating. That's going to be exciting and to watch it without interruptions. I can only imagine. :001_smile:

My big plans are to watch THE PROPOSAL (Sandra Bullock) -- DH and I spent the day getting kitchen cabinets 'hung' -- why do they call it that? They aren't 'hung' -- they are flipping bolted to the wall so they don't fall down.

Enjoy the peace and quiet! Put on some lipstick, it will feel more like a special evening!:D

But if you'd rather go paint the town red, have at it. :tongue_smilie:

That's just it, I would rather stay home, drink a cup of Chai and prepare school work.

Mariann - No lipstick for me tonight. I don't like the lip marks on my chai mug. I will make sure to apply it twice tomorrow, though. If I lived closer to you I would help bolt your cabinets to the wall. It would be good practice for when we remodel our kitchen (planned for this summer). Enjoy your movie.

This will be me in the morning:

dragon%2520fairy.jpeg Tonight, it's all about comfort:stock-vector-a-vector-illustration-of-a-cartoony-green-dragon-in-footie-pajamas-16646389.jpg

Edited by The Dragon Academy

Guest janainaz

Just being alone and watching a movie and doing exactly as you described is my version of painting the town red these days! I "painted the town red" so much I got really sick of it. It's not that great.

That's just it, I would rather stay home, drink a cup of Chai and prepare school work.

Mariann - No lipstick for me tonight. I don't like the lip marks on my chai mug. I will make sure to apply it twice tomorrow, though. If I lived closer to you I would help bolt your cabinets to the wall. It would be good practice for when we remodel our kitchen (planned for this summer). Enjoy your movie.

This will be me in the morning:

dragon%2520fairy.jpeg Tonight, it's all about comfort:stock-vector-a-vector-illustration-of-a-cartoony-green-dragon-in-footie-pajamas-16646389.jpg

Looks like you have it under control! And, if you are remodeling the kitchen next summer, I can promise you I will be a wealth of information :glare: --SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO tired of this!4173941610_64cface463_m.jpg

I never (never never never!) seem to get time alone at home.

If dh is watching the boys without me, it means I'm out of the house. If there's a babysitter with the boys, it means I'm out of the house.

I treasure those times in the house by myself, being able to putter around without interruption. It's only happened about 3 times in the past 7.5 years.

I love being at home alone. I can be as noisy or as quiet as I want and I can actually get something done without having to stop to meet someone else's need.

i got married at age 20 and he was older and more settled, so I have never had the "'paint the night red" My life looks exactly the same at 40 as it did at 20

i am going to be 40 in 6 weeks and really doing the "what I missed out on" but can't go back and so I spent this wonderful Saturday night at a BAM reading while waiting to pick up my son from the theater

I never (never never never!) seem to get time alone at home.

If dh is watching the boys without me, it means I'm out of the house. If there's a babysitter with the boys, it means I'm out of the house.

I treasure those times in the house by myself, being able to putter around without interruption. It's only happened about 3 times in the past 7.5 years.

I love being at home alone. I can be as noisy or as quiet as I want and I can actually get something done without having to stop to meet someone else's need.

Pretty much the same story here... :001_huh:

I can relate. DH is taking the kids to visit his parents today. My big plans? I'm going to work on Ds's homeschool portfolio, pull out some file-folder games that relate to the math topics they're working on, and maybe menu-plan for next week while I watch musicals. And the truly sad thing? I'm EXCITED about this quiet time to do this!