Menu

Hard lessons about life and death....graphic

We have had a rough kidding season. On Saturday, we had a goat whose kid was dead, but it was too large for her to pass. We took her to the vet, but he could not do a c-section-it was too toxic, and his hands were too big to to pull the kid.

Miss Good pulled for two hours and the vet had to cut the kid up as she pulled. Isn't that horrifying? That mother is doing better now, and it looks like she is going to make it, but yesterday, we did lose a goat in kidding. The vet thinks she had previous damage to her uterus, and it ruptured from the force of her pushing. It is just so sad and hard.

Dd is such a trooper. Of course this happens when Dh is out of town, and the other kids and I are all sick. She just decides what has to be done and does it.

Miss Good blogged about the death.

http://dancingdogdairy.blogspot.com/

Growing up is sure tough sometimes.

I have a feeling that the baby goat living in my kitchen is going to be MIGHTY spoiled.

A breeder in Dallas called this morning to say that she wanted to give give Miss Good one of Jupiter's granddaughters.

We have one more Nubian due. Please it be uneventful.

Miss Good is an incredible young lady. I'm so sorry for all you've both been through. Your dd has proven herself to be a strong, compassionate girl through it all.

It has been the season of losses on our little place as well. Nothing quite as dramatic as you experienced but yesterday we lost more than half of our chicken flock to a wolf.

It's always hard. You have a daughter who will be very mature for her age having experienced *real* life and death issues and grieving losses.

It has been the season of losses on our little place as well. Nothing quite as dramatic as you experienced but yesterday we lost more than half of our chicken flock to a wolf.

It's always hard. You have a daughter who will be very mature for her age having experienced *real* life and death issues and grieving losses.

Is it just the month of February or something? My sister's poor dog took ill this morning, bleeding at the mouth and pains in his neck. My mom's dog, the sweatest most wonderful dog, disappeared Friday when the snow storm hit.

Sigh, poor animals. I have been amazed, however, to read how everyone else's dcs are handling it. We're still hoping that mom's dog will show up, but now that both of my sister's dogs are down we're all wondering how her son's will handle the losses.

We have had a rough kidding season. On Saturday, we had a goat whose kid was dead, but it was too large for her to pass. We took her to the vet, but he could not do a c-section-it was too toxic, and his hands were too big to to pull the kid.

Miss Good pulled for two hours and the vet had to cut the kid up as she pulled. Isn't that horrifying? That mother is doing better now, and it looks like she is going to make it, but yesterday, we did lose a goat in kidding. The vet thinks she had previous damage to her uterus, and it ruptured from the force of her pushing. It is just so sad and hard.

Dd is such a trooper. Of course this happens when Dh is out of town, and the other kids and I are all sick. She just decides what has to be done and does it.

Miss Good blogged about the death.

http://dancingdogdairy.blogspot.com/

Growing up is sure tough sometimes.

I think kisses and higs are due to Miss Good...and a BIG ol' bar of chocolate....

She is one tough cookie and deserves much praise.

~~Faithe