Menu

If you live in NC, VA or vicinity, is it snowing yet?

I know it was snowing in Nashville around noon. I'm in southern VA and waiting. :toetap05: If the storm has reached you yet, where are you?

I'm ready to be snowed in for the weekend!

NC foothills, almost on the SC border (southeast of Asheville). It's been snowing since about 4:00 and we have a LOT of snow for here. Not a lot for say, New England or Michigan, lol, but it shut down everything here pretty quickly. :001_smile:

I have not seen this much snow come down this fast in the 5 years we've been here.

Georgia

We're in Winston-Salem, NC and it started snowing on my side of town about 45 minutes ago. Local weather guy says we're going to get 10 inches, and that's a LOT for this area.

DD and DH made a trip to Costco on their way home from work, so we're stocked up with food and necessities. We're transplanted Yankees and have no trouble driving in snow on the flat prairie of IL where we used to live. But the hills here are a mess when it gets icy. We'll be staying off the road till things get cleared up a bit!

Ya know, I have lived in NC most of my life. In 1999, we moved to IA for about 9 months. That was the winter when y'all got 24 inches. IA had a particularly snow-less winter (compared to the 92 inches total they got last year!)

We moved back t'o NC and never saw more than 8 inches (and that was last winter.)

Now, we have moved to FL and y'all are going to get a TON of snow!:glare:

Sometime life just isn't fair!:lol::tongue_smilie:

Yes, it started snowing almost to the minute at 5:00 pm here in Charlotte. Then it stopped. Very wet snow and it's not sticking at the minute.

Forecast calls for more moisture in the air and the temps to fall below freezing making it "hopefully" a definate we'll have 2-4" or so in Charlotte. North and west of Charlotte 5-8 and up to 12 inches in some parts of NC....lucky you! Please send more from Asheville and Maggie Valley!! :lol:

My dh and I are originallly from up north...he from WI and I from OH. We moved from MI to NC and love it here but MISS the snow.

I too hope we are "snowed" in for the entire weekend!!!!

i'm so jealous...we are in northern va, south of dc, and we are only supposed to get 3-5 inches. :crying: i want another really good snow. i even went out and bought my dh a snowblower for a present, because i never want him to have to shovel again after that blizzard we had in december, no matter how small the snowfall.

Yes, it started snowing almost to the minute at 5:00 pm here in Charlotte. Then it stopped. Very wet snow and it's not sticking at the minute.

Forecast calls for more moisture in the air and the temps to fall below freezing making it "hopefully" a definate we'll have 2-4" or so in Charlotte. North and west of Charlotte 5-8 and up to 12 inches in some parts of NC....lucky you! Please send more from Asheville and Maggie Valley!! :lol:

My dh and I are originallly from up north...he from WI and I from OH. We moved from MI to NC and love it here but MISS the snow.

I too hope we are "snowed" in for the entire weekend!!!!

Here it is Sat morning and we woke up to only a dusting of snow. :confused: I'm grateful we got even this, but I wish there was tons more!:D

I lived just north of Asheville and we have about 6 inches this morning. It's supposed to snow more this morning and through the afternoon. It is beautiful. We have had so much snow this winter that my kids haven't even asked to go outside. I think they are over it and wishing for Spring. :001_smile:

:sad: -- I do prefer warm to snowy........I just want those basketball games cancelled! crybaby.jpgI continue to check WTOP and the Youth League wesbite to NO AVAIL!

dance.gif

YES! Fairfax County just cancelled all activities for today -- all the games are cancelled! I will be ablet o hole up in the house and prepare for our moving back there.

Happy-Smileys-keep-smiling-7908666-800-600.jpg

Guest Virginia Dawn

We have approx. 4 inches outside the back door right now, and it doesn't look like it will stop any time soon.

Edited by Virginia Dawn

It is really snowing a lot here in No Va and I hate it. I am now wishing that DH gets tranferred this summer to a warm place again.

:sad: -- I do prefer warm to snowy........I just want those basketball games cancelled! crybaby.jpgI continue to check WTOP and the Youth League wesbite to NO AVAIL!

Hey Mariann and Chris, Y'all need to move to Charlotte area! :001_smile:

I lived just north of Asheville and we have about 6 inches this morning. It's supposed to snow more this morning and through the afternoon. It is beautiful. We have had so much snow this winter that my kids haven't even asked to go outside. I think they are over it and wishing for Spring. :001_smile:

OK, rub it in why don't ya???!!!:tongue_smilie: You're only 2-3 hours from us....I wish I could just pack up and drive there, but the secondary roads (neigborhood) are not cleared and there's an ice base to the snow! :glare:

It is really snowing a lot here in No Va and I hate it. I am now wishing that DH gets tranferred this summer to a warm place again.

We moved from Colorado to southern Virginia, and one of the attractions was less snow. At least there's supposed to be less snow. I would much prefer to be wearing at least SANDALS in January.

We have at least 8-10" at this point, still snowing. We won't be going out this weekend. At least we have toilet paper, unlike poor Yvette.:blink:

Hey Mariann and Chris, Y'all need to move to Charlotte area! :001_smile:

Honestly, I ask DH all the time if there isn't some hope of moving to the Charlotte area. I would love to be further south, but DH's customer is in DC and not likely to relocate EVER!tantrum.jpg

Well, y'all are welcome to visit at the least!! :auto:

We moved from Colorado to southern Virginia, and one of the attractions was less snow. At least there's supposed to be less snow. I would much prefer to be wearing at least SANDALS in January.

We have at least 8-10" at this point, still snowing. We won't be going out this weekend. At least we have toilet paper, unlike poor Yvette.:blink:

You have to move to FL to wear flip flops in January....:D

Lol! My neighbors are outside shoveling their driveways, and the snow is re-coating them before they even finish. I don't shovel until it stops, unless I need to get out. (Which I might.:glare:)

Lol! My neighbors are outside shoveling their driveways, and the snow is re-coating them before they even finish. I don't shovel until it stops, unless I need to get out. (Which I might.:glare:)

I'm thinking maybe you can take them coffee, hot chocolate or other quick goodies--and then beg a roll or two of t.p. from them!

Just feed your kids cheese and pasta. No fiber, and you might be okay.

:lol::lol::lol:

(I think I need to get out more.)