Menu

Who wants to play: Today I proudly _______....

Who wants to play: Today I proudly _________, and I just wanted to tell someone because otherwise no one is going to notice. :001_smile:

I'll start:

Today I proudly finished all of the reading that I had planned for myself, and I just wanted to tell someone because otherwise no one is going to notice.

There, I feel better. I'm off to go do all of the drudge work that gets noticed if it doesn't get done. ;)

Peace,

Janice

Enjoy your little people

Enjoy your journey

Learned to balance chemical equations.

I've had no one IRL to tell other than dh (and my dc with whom I learned it). Anyone else I know IRL, even the home schooling moms, would look at me as if I had two heads if I shared that I was excited about that bit of info.

(And it actually happened last Friday, but who's counting?)

Great job, Janice, on your reading!

Today I proudly let my dd10 live. She totally takes if for granted and no one else realizes how close she comes to death on a daily basis. (j/k sort of) I just wanted to tell someone because otherwise no one is going to notice. :001_smile:

The phrase, sing it sister, comes to mind. This made my day as I to deal with my very difficult 10 year old. :lol:

imeverywoman - wowee!! That's exciting news.

Proud mom here of one teen and one baby. It's the most excellent thing to watch a huge young man lay on the floor giggling because his baby sister tickles his neck trying to imitate how he makes her laugh.:001_smile:

Learned to balance chemical equations.

I've had no one IRL to tell other than dh (and my dc with whom I learned it). Anyone else I know IRL, even the home schooling moms, would look at me as if I had two heads if I shared that I was excited about that bit of info.

(And it actually happened last Friday, but who's counting?)

Great job, Janice, on your reading!

I just learned this as well...and no one would be as impressed with me as I was with myself!

Congrats...I am proud of you!

~~Faithe

went to the doctor for a pregnancy blood test. How on earth is homeschooling a high schooler going to look with a new baby?????

It looks nice. I have homeschooled High Schoolers with baby's for years. Actually, this is the first time we don't have a baby or toddler in the house and it is downright weird!

Babies and Toddlers are great for comic relief during stressful study times...and Mom is forced to sit down, so lots of time for conversation while baby nurses.

Congrats!!

Faithe

Today I:

- read the autobiography section of WEM and used it to begin reading The Life of Saint Teresa of Avila. I am still intimidated by studying GB, so this is a big step for me.

- pored over books on Celtic design and Islamic design, and figured out that geometric ideas produce all these. I want to try out some of the design ideas myself. I've been playing with geometry for the past few weeks. It's a lot of fun.

Thanks for the thread, Janice - not many people I know would care about these things that are big to me, either.

Today I went to the doctor instead of putting things off, so I proudly made time to take care of myself, which I'd rather been neglecting.

went to the doctor for a pregnancy blood test. How on earth is homeschooling a high schooler going to look with a new baby?????

Congratulations! My db was born three months before I was 13 and I loved having a baby brother & a toddler brother when I was a teen.

Congratulations! LOL , my children wanted T shirts that said "Big Sister" "Big Brother" on them. I wanted one that said "Not a Grandma Yet". It can be very interesting having both teens & newborns.

Hyzenthlay

Today I proudly.....

.....did not cry as my son's church choir bid him farewell. Even when his director choked up during the prayer. He's been in their children's and youth choir programs since he was 5 and is leaving Friday to move to the other side of the continent.

We think perhaps the director was choked up because she is losing her strongest tenor....but it really was sweet.