Menu

The Classical Kids Collection? Do your dc prefer...

Aloha2U

Volume 1 (contains Mr. Bach Comes to Call, Beethoven Lives Upstairs, Mozart’s Magic Fantasy, and Vivaldi’s Ring of Mystery) or...

Volume 2 (contains Tchaikovsky Discovers America, Hallelujah Handel!, Mozart’s Magnificent Voyage, and Song of the Unicorn)?

I can't decide which one to get. Does anyone have a favorite?

:bigear:

Volume 1 (contains Mr. Bach Comes to Call, Beethoven Lives Upstairs, Mozart’s Magic Fantasy, and Vivaldi’s Ring of Mystery) or...

Volume 2 (contains Tchaikovsky Discovers America, Hallelujah Handel!, Mozart’s Magnificent Voyage, and Song of the Unicorn)?

We own Beethoven Lives Upstairs, Vivaldi's Ring of Mystery and Tschaikowsky Discovers America. We like all of them, but Vivaldi is the one we choose the most. We borrowed Mozart's Magic Fantasy from the library, and we liked it so much that I plan on buying it. HTH

We bought them all years ago (one at a time), but my kids prefer the CDs in Volume 1, especially Vivaldi's Ring of Mystery and Mozart's Magic Fantasy (if that's the one that is based on The Magic Flute).

Diane

Our favorite all-time is Vivaldi, then Mozart's Magic Fantasy. Tchaikovsky, Handel, and the other Mozart were also requested quite frequently.

The least favorite by far had to be Beethoven Lives Upstairs - don't know why that's the best known title...

My dd also loves Mozart's Magic Fantasy. Beethoven Lives Upstairs is by far my favorite though--I love the music in that one!

Merry :-)

We too have most of these and have had them for years--cassette tapes for us too! I'm so surprised to read a couple of posters say Beethoven was their least favorite for it is hands down our favorite one. We love the music in it and the story is wonderful and the voices are so crisp and clear. Second to Beethoven would have to be either Vivaldi or T. comes to America. They really love Mozart's Magic Flute too...

Thank you for this post! I was just looking at them tonight while cringing at spending all that money on them (tighter budget this year). I really would like them for my boys, however!

I cannot get my son to listen to these. He much prefers the Vox Music masters, which are CHEAP, and has listened to those dozens of times (each one!).

http://www.amazon.com/Music-Masters-Composer-Biographies-Records/lm/3H8EHSTQZYXOS

The Wagner one has funky sound, but the rest as a deal at twice the price.

Check your library! Our Library has almost all of them so we were able to sample before we bought them.

:iagree: Our library had quite a few.

My son's favorite is Mozart's Magnificent Voyage. He's listened to it COUNTLESS times. Whenever I try to play a different CD, he asks to listen to "the Mozart one." He'll even listen to it over and over again in one day! (Since Mozart is my favorite composer, I don't mind in the slightest.)

HTH!

Guest Cindie2dds
We bought them all years ago (one at a time), but my kids prefer the CDs in Volume 1, especially Vivaldi's Ring of Mystery and Mozart's Magic Fantasy (if that's the one that is based on The Magic Flute).

Diane

:iagree: Mozart's Magic Fantasy gets played over and over and over!