Menu

Were there WTM pins floating around at some point or another?

It seems like I remember Peace Hill Press carrying pins or something to identify yourself as a WTM member. Or did I imagine that?

Yep, they used to send them out. People would often use them at curriculum fairs or get togethers so they could spot a WTMer at a distance.

I haven't heard anything about them in a couple years.

Woohoo I found them!

I have about 20 of them. As I recall they were for distribution for Canada. Only a few were requested, so I still have what's left over.

We were supposed to send a SASE to PHP headquarters which was not feasible for Canadians. So I ended up with the Canadian pins. Those Canadians who want to send a SASE to me will get a pin ;)

It seems like I remember Peace Hill Press carrying pins or something to identify yourself as a WTM member. Or did I imagine that?

It was probably back 2003-2005. I have a couple that were plain pastel backgrounds and one that has a snowflake design. I might even be able to lay hands on them in a couple hours of looking.:lol:

WHERE is SWB going to be in April???? I wanna go too! :D

*jumping up and down*

Melissa! I might get to meet you!?!?!? She's going to be in Springfield. 4 hours from you. Visit shemonline.org for more details. I usually stay in a hotel that Friday night. Some like to come up the day before to visit the vendor hall Thursday night.

We turn it into a unit study and dc learn the science of button-making and study history through a series of political campaign buttons... :D

And then we consider carefully whether it is most effective to present this information via outlines (and if so, 2 level? 3? 4?), lapbooks, notebooking, written reports (unillustrated), written reports (illustrated), written reports that are illustrated only with hand-drawn pictures, written reports that may include both downloaded/copied illustrations AND hand-drawn pictures, oral narration a la Charlotte Mason, or three panel science project-type presentation. Having reached no consensus, we decide that reporting is overrated, and move on.

:lol:

*jumping up and down*

Melissa! I might get to meet you!?!?!? She's going to be in Springfield. 4 hours from you. Visit shemonline.org for more details. I usually stay in a hotel that Friday night. Some like to come up the day before to visit the vendor hall Thursday night.

Why is she going to be in Springfield and not in St. Louis? No fair! (Where's that foot-stomping smiley guy?)

We have two conferences and neither one could get her? :glare:

Chelle

Woohoo I found them!

I have about 20 of them. As I recall they were for distribution for Canada. Only a few were requested, so I still have what's left over.

We were supposed to send a SASE to PHP headquarters which was not feasible for Canadians. So I ended up with the Canadian pins. Those Canadians who want to send a SASE to me will get a pin ;)

Oh, I want one! Could you FB me your address? I'll send out an envelope.

My WCM cup was my favourite...and then it broke :(

There must have been one before that, though. Because we moved away from that area in early 2003 (February.)

It must have been in 2002. Because the year after I went they held it in Duluth.

OK. So, I'm guessing it was the 2002 conference.

Too bad you moved away! It would be nice to know someone from this board IRL. The 2002 MACHE conference would have been in St. Paul. So maybe 2001? They rotate between Duluth, St. Paul and Rochester. I'm glad it's in Rochester again this year!