Menu

Does anyone else have The Pioneer Woman Cooks by Ree Drummond?

Happy New Year!

I like Ree Drummand's Cookbook. I think she very creative and funny. It seems like she embraces life even if it includes cow manure on the back porch. The recipes are simple. A beginner would enjoy the pictures and explanaitions. I am going to use it to teach my boys and girls how to cook in the kitchen.

Thank-you Ree for inspirancing other to be creative!

Helen in OH

I have it and it's very pretty. Most of the recipes are on her website though if you don't have the book yet and wanted to try her things. I think there were only maybe 3 or 4 in the book that weren't on the website.

I got it for Christmas, and it *is* a nice book, funny, pretty pictures, good food. I'll probably use some of the recipes, even [grin]

However, I wish the photos went across by rows *or* there were lines between the columns. I read through the book yesterday and scanned through most of the steps, but constantly had to go back and remind myself to read *down* rather than left to right. A minor quibble, but a negative (esp for teaching children) in my mind.

Not yet, but she told me she's coming to the Northwest in April and I'm so excited! The book tour lives on .........

When? Where? I'm so glad she will be coming to the PNW! I'd love to see her and get her book then.

I checked the book out of the library and it is probably the first cookbook I have ever read cover to cover. I like the step by step pictures and also thought that would be great for teaching children. I'm afraid to get it dirty though. I love the pictures and background of her life. It makes it seem real - not just another foo-foo cookbook with ingredients I don't regularly buy.

When? Where? I'm so glad she will be coming to the PNW! I'd love to see her and get her book then.

She said "April" and "Seattle/Portland." That's all I got. I nicely pointed out that Ellensburg is a nice place to visit, and that our lovely hometown bookstore would probably love to host her. :D

Oh, I've been dying for her to publish something for a couple of yrs now--my grm thinks the internet is the anti-christ, but I know she'd love, LOVE Ree's blog. I figured a print version would be SO great.

Alas, I haven't bought her one yet. This just hasn't been the yr for $20 gifts for grm. :o

I'm a big believer in shopping locally as much as it is possible. (But it's only $11.50 at Amazon.)

Well, lol, I didn't mean the $20 literally, but it has come down since the last time I drooled over it. Hmmm....I think it's a totally justified expenditure if I use the Christmas $ *she* gave us--don't you? :D

Well, lol, I didn't mean the $20 literally, but it has come down since the last time I drooled over it. Hmmm....I think it's a totally justified expenditure if I use the Christmas $ *she* gave us--don't you? :D

Absolutely! I received it as a gift from a very dear friend. I have made the Chicken Pot Pie and it is yummy. I like the book so much I bought one for my sil for her birthday. I noticed the copy I got for sil says "#1 New York Times Bestseller" at the top of the dustjacket. Nifty!

She said "April" and "Seattle/Portland." That's all I got. I nicely pointed out that Ellensburg is a nice place to visit, and that our lovely hometown bookstore would probably love to host her. :D

I tried to find book tour information on her site, but I think she's enjoying her family time now after a busy fall book tour. Are you close friends with her? How did you get the scoop?

Maybe call your local bookstore and invite them to invite her to come. Volunteer to help set it up. Could be fun!

I tried to find book tour information on her site, but I think she's enjoying her family time now after a busy fall book tour. Are you close friends with her?

Ah ha ha ha. No. But I've followed her blog from about week #2 (back in the day when a Name that Photo Contest would get about 47 entries) and I got some honorable mentions, so we emailed a couple of times. I guess she remembers me from that -- I kept shamelessly begging her to come to the NW on Facebook (whenever she'd post about her stops) and the last time I did she said "Guess what? I *am* coming there!" And said the month and cities. Yay!

Maybe call your local bookstore and invite them to invite her to come. Volunteer to help set it up. Could be fun!

Hey, how do you know me so well? ;) I went into the bookstore a month ago, took her book up to the counter and said to the owner, "You have got to get her to come here -- I bet you'd get people from Spokane, Seattle, Portland, etc. coming if you did" (well, if this was the ONLY stop that is; if Seattle and Portland are on the agenda probably not so much!). I wonder if he ever tried -- maybe, just maybe, she IS coming here LOL.