Menu

What black friday deals are you after?

I am after a Nintendo ds for $98 from walmart and then I just want to browse the clothes and cheap-o movies. They sell pajamas and such for ridiculously low prices on Black Friday and it is amazing what you will find that is priced crazy low! :)

I will be up at 4am. My friend is wanting to get in on a sale that starts at 6am at Staples, so we are not going quite as early as some folks.

A netbook at Sam's (5 am) or Office Depot (6 am). I also want to see if the stuffed horse my dd has been asking for from Sam's has come back in. She is always with me, so I could never get it. I went yesterday and they were sold out. :( No one else carries it.

If dh didn't have to be at work at 8 am, I would shop more. The cheap pj's sound good.

Oh, I will also eventually make it out to Dick's for a recumbent stationary bike.

Well, I wasn't going to go at all this year, but a friend of mine called tonight and asked me to go with her. She wants to start at Old Navy, which opens at 3 am, so I just decided not to go to sleep at all. I'm sooo sleepy now, though.... it probably wasn't a wise choice... :001_huh:

If we go to Target or Walmart, I'll probably get some pj's for my kids or some DVDs.

I need to replace lots of small kitchen appliances so I just shopped Kohl's for a new blender/ waffle maker/ coffee maker, etc. I have an additional 15% pass and they have lots of rebates and $10 Kohl's cash for each $50. I paid about $7 for the waffle maker/ coffee pot/ electric skillet/ and griddle.

Dh needed new luggage. I just ordered him a 3 piece set regularly priced at $240 for $40 from Kohl's.

I got a block of Kitchenaid knives for about $20 after rebates etc.

I'm done though and I'm going back to bed.

So far I have ordered a new printer (desperately needed), new coffepot (mine officially died) and a video from amazon.com. All on sale at amazing prices.

We are leaving at 8am to go to Sears to get my son a Lands End winter coat on sale for 40% off. I could order online but I don't want to pay $12.95 shipping and I am never sure what size.

That will officially end my holiday shopping!

My friend was picking me up at 2:30 a.m., so I had just stayed awake instead of going to sleep. I still haven't been to sleep. I got home around noon and everyone was awake and had been waiting for me to come home and cook something for them. :001_huh:

I am soooo tired!

The stores/crowds were REALY crazy here. We tried to go to Old Navy first because they opened at 3, but the line was wrapped around the building. We decided to go to Starbucks and come back after 3 so that we wouldn't have to wait outside in the cold. WRONG. They were only letting a certain amount of people in the store at a time, so there was still a long line waiting outside for an indefinite amount of time. (fire codes maybe?)

So, we skipped that and went to Kohl's. They weren't opening until 4 and the line was already really long so we waited in the car and just went to the back of the line after the doors opened. We found everything that we went in there for pretty quickly, but since we weren't near the front of the line we didn't get a cart and had to carry everything. The checkout lines were so long they were going all around the store. My arms are still hurting from having to hold my stuff for so long while we waited in line.

Next we went to Target, which opened at 5. They had been open for about 20 minutes but there was still a long line to get into the store. There were a lot of police making sure that everyone walked slowly and orderly into the store and not letting anyone break in line. We got inside and did get a cart but it was a MADHOUSE. You couldn't move and could barely breathe in the toys and electronics area. We found most of what we were looking for, but between looking for stuff, trying to get through the aisles, and waiting in a check-out line that snaked it's way all through the store, we were in there for about 3 hours.

Next was Game Stop. A very small store, but packed. Waited in line for about 45 minutes so my friend could get a refurbished Game Cube for $30. Used games were buy 2 and get 1 free, so she had picked out 3 games while we were in line. Got to the checkout and the "runner" was new and didn't seem to know where everything was. It was another 20-30 minutes just to check out. :glare:

On the way out to the car we passed a store with a window display of new release Webkinz, so I ran in there and snagged 2 of them for about $20 for my girls.

Went back to friend's house so that she could unload the car and then we were off to Sears. Got almost to Sears and she realized that she had forgotten the gift card that she was planning to use for her purchase. Went back for the card. Got to Sears, found lots of great deals on clothes for the kids. I got each of my kids a $65 coat for $12.99. Lines weren't too long, very good experience. We didn't dare enter the mall, though.

After getting home I heard about all the stuff we managed to miss - like the women at Wal-Mart getting into a fist fight over a television... A group of people tried to cut in line at Toys R Us when they opened at midnight, but the people at the front of the line had tasers (sp?) and mace. :001_huh: ... There were 12 reported car burglaries within 5 hours.... I'm very glad that we chose not to go to WalMart or Toys R Us.

Thankfully, we made it through and came out in one piece and mostly happy. :001_smile:

Edited by hsmom3tn

I went to Toys R Us with our student, just for the experience. I picked up the game Animal Scramble for $5. It is usually $20 or more. She got one too, for her little brother. I also got another game for $5. That is all. Then we waited in the checkout line for 2 hours and 15 minutes. The store opened at midnight and I am a night owl, so I thought I could do it and enjoy it with our girl. I am not one for getting up early in the morning to be thrown into the midst of a teeming crowd of bodies. I usually stay far away from any major shopping on Black Friday, but I am happy with the purchases. Our little guy is really into games right now, but there aren't many that he can really play. And the experience of seeing and being in the crowd was a new thing for our student. We had fun talking for 2 hours. :)

I was expecting the worst, but it was nicely organized. Sales started at 5 am, walked in about 4:35, asked employees for directions to the laptop I wanted and when I got to the right area I was given a coupon and went to stand in line. At 5 am, someone came on over the intercom to tell us the sale could begin. Got my computer no problem. All the sale items were placed in the main aisles. It was packed full of people around electronics, but one could still move-just had to be patient. Eventually made my way around the whole store and got each item I wanted. Shoppers were pretty darn decent.

I saw worse behavior at our state's Christian homeschool conference waiting in line for cds of workshops. :001_huh:

I got to Walmart at 6am and was able to walk around with no problems(the crowd has thinned by then) and get the things I wanted. Went to check out at around 7am and their were cashiers just standing around waiting for people to check it. It was so nice.

Hubby and I went to Target and Walmart(again) tonight(like 8pm) and they still had the deal from earlier in the day so got a few more buys :001_smile:

Over all I am very happy with what I got today:001_smile:

We hit Target about 4:30am. People were standing in line and all really nice. Target employees were handing out reusable shopping bags. We walked in the store, I went right to the external hard drives while my mom went to the portable dvd players. Next, I got in line for a camera. The line was long, but pleasant. My mom and I took turns waiting in the line while the other went and shopped a bit. I got everything I went for and had a very nice time chatting with people in line. I really think my favorite part is talking to other bargain hunters at 5am. We left there and went to Kohl's. I had missed most of my doorbusters because I went to Target first, but all was saved. I got what I could find at Kohls and then came home and ordered the rest from their website with free shipping! Overall, I am happy and glad I went. I got several things we could not have afforded otherwise! I am most excited that I was able to get my mom a Roomba from Kohls for $85 with free shipping. She will be so surprised!

Just wondering if anyone can inspire me to get up at 3am! ;)

Not me!!! LOL, I don't shop until 8am on Black Friday. I tried the before sun up shopping once 10 yrs ago. I didn't get what I wanted after waiting 2 hrs so haven't tried that again. Now... I aim to get what is easily available (clothes) and if I get lucky for other things then great.