Menu

Pure maple syrup?

I always order from Richard's Maple, in Chardon, Ohio.

http://www.richardsmapleproducts.com/

Oh how funny! I buy in person from Richard's Maple! I'm about 5 minutes away from them. (And last time we moved they loaned us one of their trucks).

I highly recommend Richard's. I'm putting small bottles of their syrup in gift baskets this year.

Oh how funny! I buy in person from Richard's Maple! I'm about 5 minutes away from them. (And last time we moved they loaned us one of their trucks).

I highly recommend Richard's. I'm putting small bottles of their syrup in gift baskets this year.

My dh grew up in Chesterland, and his dad now lives in Akron. They're all very loyal to Richard's. :o)

It's so funny to see a post like this. Or when I read william sonoma cookbooks for example and they say "now you may have to go to a gourmet store to find maple syrup".

Here in Canada, the 7-11 has maple syrup lol. We buy the store brand at Costco. It is a regular pantry item that you expect every house will have in stock.

Anyway, good luck and hope you find some. I couldn't imagine pancakes or waffles without it.

We've been joining with a friend and buying maple syrup from a farm in Maryland. It's very reasonably priced. It should be located somewhere near DC, but I don't remember the name.

If you can remember I'd love to hear about it! Pure maple syrup has gotten so expensive these last couple of years, nearly double in price. I miss it.

What do you all pay? Costco is $15 for a litre. (Was $10/litre about 2 years ago)

I thought maybe I was missing something so I went to the recommended sites and, yikes! Is the syrup from these places that much better? I pay $16.99 a quart at costco for grade A dark amber. Still kind of pricey but half of what the websites listed are charging. Am I missing something as far as quality or taste or are you locals getting it cheaper? Maybe I read the prices incorrectly?

:bigear:

I thought maybe I was missing something so I went to the recommended sites and, yikes! Is the syrup from these places that much better? I pay $16.99 a quart at costco for grade A dark amber. Still kind of pricey but half of what the websites listed are charging. Am I missing something as far as quality or taste or are you locals getting it cheaper? Maybe I read the prices incorrectly?

:bigear:

I think you're seeing them correctly. I used to be able to get syrup for about $24 a half gallon at Costco, but it's closer to $40 now (well, our Costco doesn't even carry that size anymore). We've gone to making our syrup with sugar/brown sugar/mapeline. :(

If you can remember I'd love to hear about it! Pure maple syrup has gotten so expensive these last couple of years, nearly double in price. I miss it.

My mum "stretched" hers with some brown sugar, and warmed it all on the stove. The B syrup is stronger tasting, and by diluting it with brown sugar, you can get a decent replacement from commercial pancake syrup.