Menu

Ummm, Mom, does Dad know we now have 15 pets?...

This is what my dd7 said after she realized that the 6 hermit crabs in the back seat were going to be hers!

Thanks to the WTM's very own Ellie we have just acquired pets 9-15. They are happily doing 'crabby things' in dd7s bedroom... We are 'justifying' the little additions by calling them dd7's early Christmas presents... dd7 is DELIGHTED! Dad seems OK with it right now...

Edited by Jann in TX

We try to remove the 'presents' as soon as they are left! Once the offending items are removed the tank reverts back to normal (virtually no smell). I have been around some people who only clean the habitats out on occasion--their rooms STUNK! Beardie poo is powerful stuff! (Makes the horse poo smell like roses!)

This is what my dd7 said after she realized that the 6 hermit crabs in the back seat were going to be hers!

Thanks to the WTM's very own Ellie we have just acquired pets 9-15. They are happily doing 'crabby things' in dd7s bedroom... We are 'justifying' the little additions by calling them dd7's early Christmas presents... dd7 is DELIGHTED! Dad seems OK with it right now...

Glad the hermies made it home safely and that your dd is happy.:)

Minette has been sitting in the spot where the hermie crabitat used to be. We think she's pretending to be a hermie.:lol:

:D

I don't like to think about the numbers......

6 cats

6 chickens

3 fish

2 rabbits

2 hermit crabs

1 parakeet

1 gerbil

1 dog

Eek! That's 22!

15 fish, one of which is pregnant :001_huh: (but since it's only one tank, I can count that as 1, right?)

1 cockatiel

1 cat

2 (small) dogs

I don't count the numerous birds that come to our house to feed, or the mice that incidentally get in the house, but thankfully get caught by the cat :lol:. Any rodent-type animal would not make it in this house!

I'd really like some chickens. I love fresh eggs...and they'd make a dent on the grasshopper population in my garden. I guess once my dh gets around to building a coop.... I told dh that since we can't have a cow (size), if I could have a milk goat, he just said :glare:. Besides, we rent.

I am down to one dog, three cats (all fixed) and two fishes of different species and since none of these can reproduce and my hubby says I can't bring home anymore, I guess that's all there is going to be for awhile. I mentioned bringing home a baby but he didn't seem too keen on the idea.

See, I mentioned the baby idea too. But, since we're obviously going through secondary infertility, it just isn't happening. So, animals it is. I really start wanting another animal when I read a lot about babies. Then, I start perusing the animal shelter website for another small dog, we all gather around and ooh and aah, then I close the website and we go about our business. :lol:

:lol:

Earlier this year when I realized we only had 2 dogs, I thought "Hey, wow! We're down to a normal number of pets." And I started thinking about maybe getting a guinea pig for the school room.

We now have:

2 American Eskimo dogs

2 guinea pigs

4 hamsters (separate cages)

1 hermit crab

1 lizard

18 fish

I'm still trying to figure out how that happened :001_huh:.

We are active duty military and that means we move every few years. At my dh's current rank, the moves average 20 months. And they are also rather short notice. So what do we have?

1 cat (definite mover)

1 dog (definite mover)

1 hamster (will probably not move with us)

2 hermit crabs (will not move with us)

about 12 fish (will not move with us)

Actually I should not say that for sure the last two types won't move with us because if we move locally, they would.