Menu

The 2009 November thread

It's November right? Please tell me it's really November.

Every year, in November I want to quit everything, dump the kids in school and leave for an island in the South Pacific. *Every* *year*.

My DH is the one who made the connection.

I keep yelling at the kids, there's nothing they can do right. Whatever they do, they have to do two or three times. Their brains are gone. My patience is gone too.

Anyone else having a real hard time?

Every year, in November I want to quit everything, dump the kids in school and leave for an island in the South Pacific. *Every* *year*.

I keep yelling at the kids, there's nothing they can do right. Whatever they do, they have to do two or three times. Their brains are gone. My patience is gone too.

Yep. I'm with you.

Maybe you should HS for six weeks then take a week off, throughout the year. Maybe Novembers would be different from then on. Or maybe not. Maybe it would be best to live near the equator where you wouldn't have to mess with long dark nights and there would be happY sunshine for 12 hours a day:lol:. (Good thing I am not affected by SAD!)

:grouphug:This hits me in January...

Maybe you should HS for six weeks then take a week off, throughout the year.

I wish we could but with the kids's activities, it's just not possible. Summer is really off-school. The sports they're in change their training schedule. We just couldn't school when they see their team mates being on vacation after each training session.

Thanks for posting this. I'm at my wits end trying to get my 13 not so dd to develop arguments for an essay. She's arguing with me about everything and getting nowhere. Arguing about arguments....the irony is killing me. Can I meet you guys wherever you're meeting? Or better, why don't we just all swap kids periodically. You know they act better for everyone else but us. :001_rolleyes: (Oh, an eye-rolling one...how appropriate to describe my kid today.)

Oh so THAT's what it is....November.

Well, we *did* school 6 weeks then take off a week and we are STILL in the blahs right now. Probably didn't help that after we came back we had a family emergency that called us out of town for a few days AND hubs work schedule changed for a few weeks and now has changed back.

Ugh.

Here I was complaining I wanted sunshine...it was so dreary here for so long. I just wanted sunshine, then we'd feel better. Now the sun is here and I just want to hide under the covers. :(

I can't afford to get our next unit of TOG so all of that is on hold right now. I'm hoping the blahs pass so we can do some fun stuff next week in all this spare time we'll have. :)

It's not the homeschooling that's getting to me, it's the sibling squabbles. It's like they can't be in a room together for *five minutes* without some sort of meltdown. It drives me crazy, because usually they're involved in these long, elaborate games, and now I can't get a minute alone to accomplish anything, because I have to keep breaking up these very trivial squabbles. I think it's because the weather is turning cold and they aren't spending hours outside.

Yes, yes, and yes. I have spent the last two days trying to find reasons to call off school. Yesterday, I did call it off and said I was going to clean. I didn't clean. Today my ds10 did school and finished. Ds6 hasn't started and I am not sure he will!

What gets me in November is that the stupid days get so short! It is dark by 6:30 (or earlier) and too cold to go outside to play when the sun is out. And to make it all even worse, it is daylight by 7am. I mean, COME ON! LOL

It's not the homeschooling that's getting to me, it's the sibling squabbles. It's like they can't be in a room together for *five minutes* without some sort of meltdown. It drives me crazy, because usually they're involved in these long, elaborate games, and now I can't get a minute alone to accomplish anything, because I have to keep breaking up these very trivial squabbles. I think it's because the weather is turning cold and they aren't spending hours outside.

Yeah, that too. :glare::iagree: