Menu

Out of Remission (not cancer)

Sigh. After having a break from fibromyalgia (for the most part) for almost a year - it's baaaaaaack. I hurt so badly. And I'm not sleeping - hardly at all. I'm back to spending half of my night in the arm chair trying to find a position that doesn't hurt. Last night I didn't get to sleep until 2 am and then it was tossing and turning. I was awake again at 6 am.:bored: I did manage to doze a bit more before I had to get up again to face the day.

Please pray:

1. that I might be able to get some sleep. I tried my tried-and-true remedy of a hot epsom salt bath last night. It caused my heart to beat so fast that I couldn't sleep due to feeling like I had been running a race.

2. that I can get some medical help that will help this new variation on a theme. I'm having some new symptoms this time (worse) that are not responding to my usual supplements and remedies.

3. that I will be able to execute the duties and responsibilities that God has given me. I do "give myself a break" as I am able but after having this for 20 plus years I know that I can't put life on hold until this episode is "over" - most of the time I have to power through in some way. My dd7 suffered last year from my inattention due to my illness and I can't do that to her again.

4. that I won't slip into self pity. It doesn't help and it actually makes me hurt worse than if I stop thinking about myself and focus on God instead.

Jean, I know nothing about fibromyalgia.

But, it sounds awful. :grouphug: I must say, just reading your description makes me thankful that I don't have it. :grouphug:

I will pray for you.

And, I'm off to educate myself about fibromyalgia...

ETA: Gracious Jean, that sounds like a horrible thing to have. I just went to the National Fibromyalgia Association's website and read for two minutes, and it sounds like a nasty thing. More :grouphug:.

Edited by bethanyniez

:grouphug: When mine is at its worst I make an appt. with the physical therapist. They know how to work out the trigger points and get me some relief. Recently, I set mine off pushing a recreational toy out of our pasture...I should have left that chore for the older boys, but I had a buyer coming for it and I was so glad to be rid of it! I haven't made an appt. yet and still hope that it will ease on its own, but I can empathize with the lack of sleep and how it just hurts all over :(

:grouphug::grouphug:

Just a thought...my mother was misdiagnosed with fibromyalgia 15 years ago. As a result, when she had pain and other issues, she treated as firbromyalgia symptoms. Two years back she was correctly diagnosed with MS. This is not meant to scare...but just to say that now that she is correctly diagnosed and pursuing the correct treatment/lifestyle issues, she is finding much more relief even though as a diagnosis MS would be scary!

Good luck!

Jean..... :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I think I remember 5-HTP being used for fibromyalgia brought tremendous relief in chronic pain. I don't know if you're on medications or have other issues, but you can do your research. There's also a book out on 5-HTP.

I have hat PTSD for about 20 years now and have had chronic insomnia. I'm shocked at how well I've been sleeping since taking a good quality magnesium supplement at night.

Have you researched diet/natural treatments?

:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I'm sorry to hear this. :grouphug: Will pray for you.

Take care,

VH

Sigh. After having a break from fibromyalgia (for the most part) for almost a year - it's baaaaaaack. I hurt so badly. And I'm not sleeping - hardly at all. I'm back to spending half of my night in the arm chair trying to find a position that doesn't hurt. Last night I didn't get to sleep until 2 am and then it was tossing and turning. I was awake again at 6 am.:bored: I did manage to doze a bit more before I had to get up again to face the day.

Please pray:

1. that I might be able to get some sleep. I tried my tried-and-true remedy of a hot epsom salt bath last night. It caused my heart to beat so fast that I couldn't sleep due to feeling like I had been running a race.

2. that I can get some medical help that will help this new variation on a theme. I'm having some new symptoms this time (worse) that are not responding to my usual supplements and remedies.

3. that I will be able to execute the duties and responsibilities that God has given me. I do "give myself a break" as I am able but after having this for 20 plus years I know that I can't put life on hold until this episode is "over" - most of the time I have to power through in some way. My dd7 suffered last year from my inattention due to my illness and I can't do that to her again.

4. that I won't slip into self pity. It doesn't help and it actually makes me hurt worse than if I stop thinking about myself and focus on God instead.

Thanks for asking. I've been dealing with arthritis pain in my hands. Some days are worse than others. Between that and dh's stressful job I haven't been sleeping well. I'm averaging 5 hrs of sleep a night and have dark circles permanently etched on my countenance ;)

Sleep deprivation is the pits so I will be praying for relief for you.

Take care.

Thanks, TeaTotaler. I know that you understand chronic pain. How is your health doing?

Bless your heart! :grouphug: I have a good friend with this condition who has improved greatly with her dramatic diet changes. I have read about success with both the Dr. McDougall diet and the Hallelujah Acres diet. Here are a few testimonies that I found:

http://www.drmcdougall.com/stars/star13_cheryl_lambert.html

http://www.alphaomegafood.com/testimonies.htm#fibromyalgia

Bless your heart! :grouphug: I have a good friend with this condition who has improved greatly with her dramatic diet changes. I have read about success with both the Dr. McDougall diet and the Hallelujah Acres diet. Here are a few testimonies that I found:

http://www.drmcdougall.com/stars/star13_cheryl_lambert.html

http://www.alphaomegafood.com/testimonies.htm#fibromyalgia

I have had good results with diets in the past. In my case I was able to resume eating normally after a time. Perhaps it is time to clean up my eating for a time.