Menu

So, how many of you have this recurring dream?

I have had that dream and have had similar dreams like it. I'm in a situation and I'm trying to open a door or start my car or ride a bike, etc... Nothing ever goes right. I either keep dropping my keys or my car and bike go in slow motion or I can't run fast. I don't like those dreams.

I'm with you. I hate them. Real life is frustrating enough, I don't need it in my sleep, too!!

Hmm... maybe? My recurring dream centers on me being in high school. It's always 1 of 3 situations.

1. I have a new schedule and cannot find my classes.

2. I didn't realize we were having a test and am totally unprepared.

3. I am there to be with my oldest dd and find out I'm supposed to be taking classes too.

I hate school.

All the time. And I experienced it in real life. When my dad was dying in the hospital, my brothers took me out to eat (I can't go long periods without food). I got a page on my beeper and I tried to call the person back. I could not dial the phone - I kept on screwing up the numbers and misdialing. My brother had to take the phone from me and dial - my dad was gone.

I get that stupid 911 dosn't work dream all the time!!!

I did have to dial it once, (we were witnesses to very aggressive road rage (demo derby in front of my house) and it took 5 rings before they picked it up.. all I could think of was, what If someone was breaking in??

I can never find my classes.....and even have a hard time finding the office to get another schedule.

Sometimes I dream I get my final grades and find out I didn't attend one of the classes the whole year, LOL.

that's funny! I used to have dreams that I never graduated high school. Many times I'd awake ashamed at myself for not graduating, not realizing it was a dream. :001_huh: I found my diploma when cleaning out the garage years ago, haven't had the dream since.

I used to have a recurring dream that I was flying (as in flopping my arms and flying by myself in the air like a bird) :lol: and I'd be trying to scream out to people and nothing would come out of my mouth, hard as I tried. I later read that meant I was frustrated and feeling like nobody ever listened to me; which was SO true growing up. What's shocking is that I don't have that dream now. Before I felt my two parents never listened to me, now it's FOUR KIDS, and we can throw in a husband at times, too. :D Shocked I never have that dream now. :D

I also frequently have dreams that my teeth fall out (my mom and oldest dd have the same dreams).

One of my dd has this dream all the time. We finally looked it up but I don't remember what it said. Maybe something about feeling like people were paying attention to you?

Yeah, the bike thing sounds seriously unpleasant. :001_huh:

I often have dreams that I'm naked in public or wearing a mickey mouse sheet but nobody notices but me. Ahhhh! :scared:

I also frequently have dreams that my teeth fall out (my mom and oldest dd have the same dreams) or that I'm riding a bike uphill in the rain without a seat.

I frequently dream that my teeth start falling out or are very loose or are riddled with holes.

I also dream that I'm driving somewhere and I just cannot stay awake and keep the car on the road, that I am swerving everywhere and unable to keep it under control. Lots of those dreams, the ones about being naked in public or unable to dial a phone or having a hard time finding your class in college, have to do with feelings of not being in control. That's what I've read when studying dream analysis anyway. ;)

All the time. And I experienced it in real life. When my dad was dying in the hospital, my brothers took me out to eat (I can't go long periods without food). I got a page on my beeper and I tried to call the person back. I could not dial the phone - I kept on screwing up the numbers and misdialing. My brother had to take the phone from me and dial - my dad was gone.

:grouphug: I'm sorry.

I often have dreams that I'm naked in public or wearing a mickey mouse sheet but nobody notices but me. Ahhhh! :scared:

I also frequently have dreams that my teeth fall out (my mom and oldest dd have the same dreams) or that I'm riding a bike uphill in the rain without a seat.

I dream my bridge (which holds two teeth because I was born without two of my perm. teeth) breaks. I hate that dream.

I've never had a dialing dream. I have had a variation in which I'm trying to yell for help, and can't make a sound.

In one particularly disturbing dream, I did manage to actually get some sound out, and scared the crap out of dh when I woke him from a sound sleep!