Menu

Dd is whining about not having been out at all today. She gets out daily for several

A few hours average daily for non academic reasons. Shopping/errands , playing with friends, fun classes, and church events.

One of my kids likes to be home more than the other. The other goes crazy if they are home all the time.

DS especially cannot handle a lot of time gone from home. I prefer to be at home as well.

We get out for church activities at least once a week (usually more). They have instrument lessons once a week each (gone for 1.5 hours for each). We go to the library once every couple of weeks. We'll run some errands (grocery store, etc.) once or twice a week. However, now that the kids are a bit older, I'll leave them at home for quick things where I'll be gone about 15-20 minutes.

I have friends that are one the go constantly and hearing about it just stresses me out. I really need at least 2-3 days/week where we don't go anywhere.

hours. How often do your children get out of the house? Not out to play, but out to the market, shopping, etc?

Thanks!

As long as my kids get outside to play, especially with their neighborhood friends, I don't worry about how often they leave the house to go somewhere. We are at co-op all day Monday, but then Tuesday through Friday we usually don't go out much, except to youth group/AWANA Wednesday night. My kids actually strongly prefer to stay home when I run errands, and my 13 yos is old enough to stay home with them, so even when I run out, they usually stay here. Sometimes one or another of them will want to come with me, and that's fine. We do go out on Saturdays together as a family, running errands and doing fun things together.

Daily. We like getting out of the house daily, if only for an hour or so.

We grocery shop every few days rather than once weekly.

I think personality has some to do with that; my daughter could stay at home for days at a time without leaving. Their dad could stay home for WEEKS at a time without leaving it LOL.

My boys are teenagers but Monday-Friday we don't usually go anywhere as they are busy with school. Although every other Monday my youngest goes to Speech class. This time of the year however with the flu season and the H1N1 we don't get out too much even on the weekends. My husband does not like to be around crowds during the flu season and so it is limited to just church. But we are all pretty much home bodies anyway so it does not bother us too much.

Gloria

It seems we are never home. Between activities with our homeschool group and church plus music, soccer & playdates - I feel like all we do is run around. I would like to stay home more. DD used to love it. The days we do get to stay home she'd call "stuck in the house days". We recently got a new neighbor with a daughter close in age who homeschools. Now she'd rather stay home and ride bikes with her.

We stay home Monday through Friday until after 3:00 to get the lesson work done. Many days we don't leave our neighborhood until the weekend.

We did get out a lot more when they were younger, but it just doesn't fit into our daily schedule anymore. If we do have to leave the house on a week day I schedule it late and it must be important like an ortho, dental or medical appointment of a class; but I squeeze in as many lessons before as possible and limit these.

My kids know I place our lessons as my daily top priority...kwim:001_smile:

Given the choice my ds would be outside or play video all day and dd would hang at the mall.:D

I do my shopping on the weekend now.

We stay home Monday through Friday until after 3:00 to get the lesson work done. Many days we don't leave our neighborhood until the weekend.

We did get out a lot more when they were younger, but it just doesn't fit into our daily schedule anymore. If we do have to leave the house on a week day I schedule it late and it must be important like an ortho, dental or medical appointment of a class; but I squeeze in as many lessons before as possible and limit these.

My kids know I place our lessons as my daily top priority...kwim

This is us, too. We rarely leave our house during the day and it works well for us as far as staying on track with school.

We get outside everyday.

We don't run around every day though. This is how our fall schedule looks.

Monday - soccer practice in evening

Wednesday - Awanas in the evening

Friday - Park Day/Library/Errands

Saturday - soccer games in the morning

Sunday - church

Otherwise, you'll find us at home or close to it (riding bikes, at nearby park, etc).

Between two and three hours a day, mostly to evening activities (I go shopping during the activities). For example, tonight Hobbes had karate. During his class, Calvin and I picked up a book from the library, took the recycling and bought a few things at the supermarket.

ETA we have no activities on Monday, so we don't usually leave the house, except perhaps for a walk.

Laura

Edited by Laura Corin