Menu

Three Cups of Tea

LOl - when I read the title of the thread, I totally thought you were bragging. ;)

ETA: I hope that makes sense...you know...like you had 3 cups of TeA tonight er somethin'...

No..I haven't read the book. Sounds good.

:lol::lol::lol:I had the same thought. Today's board is bringing back so many of the good old times.:001_smile:

I admire his efforts, and would be happy that he won any prize for that (and more support for his cause), however I did not find the book very engaging. This was not because of the subject, but the writing style.

Totally agree.

FWIW, I recently read the youth edition of this book, and while it was obviously written for children, it told the same story and skipped most of the clunky writing. I think Mortenson's story is very worth reading, and the youth edition is infinitely easier to get through.

I read it recently and was just amazed at all he went through, all in pursuit of helping others, and against the grain in a lot of ways. Totally what the Nobel peace prize is about, IMO - creating a more peaceful world as a byproduct of helping people who need it.

I loved the book and I think he is a perfect example of someone who actually did something significant to deserve the Nobel Peace Prize. His story is amazing.

:iagree:

I thought the book was fascinating, enjoyed the writing, and was very glad to have a new perspective about peace and activism, particularly in that region.

I loved the book and I think he is a perfect example of someone who actually did something significant to deserve the Nobel Peace Prize. His story is amazing.

:iagree: I felt it turned a little political at the end, but overall it was an excellent book.

..."for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples"

Yep, sounds like Greg Mortenson!