Menu

Hypothetically speaking... :-)

I have you tried stand several feet away and putting your thumb and pointer finger up and pinching his head that way. You won't actually get in trouble but you can say to yourself "I'm pinching your head, I'm pinching your head".

I taught my kids that trick but I've seen them doing it to me now. Not sure if I like it.

Kelly

Pretty sure that's a pretty hefty jail time, Stacie. I daydream about a trip to a mental ward.....for me! Ya know, people think those padded cells are so scary....I think....hey, it's quiet, it's soft, it's cozy and I can think for one dang minute without someone bugging me or calling me or needing something from me. Then I think, I sure am going to miss these boys when they're all grown. Sigh. No happy middle ground.

I prefer to torture mine with a ride in the car where he is strapped in, must listen, and knows better than to raise my ire as I am driving. :D Had that conversation yesterday.

My solution is usually to unleash said boy near water and he will be happy in 20 minutes or less. We played in mud puddles over the weekend and after we had the "chat" in the car he stayed outside and played in the hose. He must have washed away the grumpies because he was fine after that.

Pretty sure that's a pretty hefty jail time, Stacie. I daydream about a trip to a mental ward.....for me! Ya know, people think those padded cells are so scary....I think....hey, it's quiet, it's soft, it's cozy and I can think for one dang minute without someone bugging me or calling me or needing something from me. Then I think, I sure am going to miss these boys when they're all grown. Sigh. No happy middle ground.

Me, too. My dad thinks there should be somewhere like the Betty Ford Clinic for parents, so we can just go and "dry out" from the constant insanity of being, well, parents.

:lol::lol::iagree:I have threatened to run away to the padded cell many times. We have an inpatient facility within walking distance to our house and there are days when it looks like a great escape.

I prefer to torture mine with a ride in the car where he is strapped in, must listen, and knows better than to raise my ire as I am driving. :D Had that conversation yesterday.

My solution is usually to unleash said boy near water and he will be happy in 20 minutes or less. We played in mud puddles over the weekend and after we had the "chat" in the car he stayed outside and played in the hose. He must have washed away the grumpies because he was fine after that.

LOL - my husband has often told me that I seem to wait until they are all strapped in the car (him included :D) on a long trip before I really release my wrath. Who...me :001_huh: ??

:lol::lol::lol:

Thanks for the hugs and sympathy! He settled down shortly after my post. Either that or the other personality emerged, I'm not sure but I'm not complaining either. ;)

He's such a sweet kid that when this...this...strange being pops out I have a hard time understanding it. He turns eleven next month so maybe it will get better soon. Hopefully. :boxing_smiley:

Thanks for the hugs and sympathy! He settled down shortly after my post. Either that or the other personality emerged, I'm not sure but I'm not complaining either. ;)

He's such a sweet kid that when this...this...strange being pops out I have a hard time understanding it. He turns eleven next month so maybe it will get better soon. Hopefully. :boxing_smiley:

Yeah...look for "better" in about 15 years. LOL :lol:

Yeah...look for "better" in about 15 years. LOL :lol:

Yeah, I was giggling when I typed that part out! Tongue was planted firmly in cheek on that comment!!

I see that you are in about the same spot as me with hormonal boy tween, so here's a :grouphug: and a :cheers2:. We should probably start a club for sanity reasons. :svengo: