Menu

Do you have a favourite word?

Guest Lorna
Yes, and according to my baby book, it was my first two words:

"ahh sh*t" I was only 9 months old. ;) And mom wrote "said when she couldn't get her blocks to stay up"

And I still say it more than anything else.

My first 'word' was 'cuppatea' translated as 'cup of tea'. My mother was mortified that I said this. She always said it to me when we got back from an outing.

I don't know that I can think of just one or two words. There are too many words that I love. However, Moe's Southwest Grill has a saying that goes: "If You Don't Have Fun Saying Guacamole, You're Probably Pronouncing It Wrong!" I think I need that sign for my kitchen.

fiddle-faddle, aardvark and pfefferneuse (did I spell that right?!)

Yes, that's correct:) Dh's grandma makes peppernuts every year for Christmas. The family had never heard the German word for them though. Have you had pfefferneuse or do you just like saying the word?

Yes, that's correct:) Dh's grandma makes peppernuts every year for Christmas. The family had never heard the German word for them though. Have you had pfefferneuse or do you just like saying the word?

My college room-mate's mom used to make us pfefferneuse - yummy! But actually, I mostly like saying the word - like "Oh, pfefferneuse!" :angry:

My first 'word' was 'cuppatea' translated as 'cup of tea'. My mother was mortified that I said this. She always said it to me when we got back from an outing.

Poor thing, why was she mortified that you said something so innocent? (I think I'm missing something)...

All I know is when my now 12 year old first learned to talk, she was clearly following in her mother's footsteps :D

She got mad one day and shouted "F***" as loud as she could. Now I cuss, but I did try to watch my mouth around them, so you can imagine my shock when she said this. She was a bit of a late bloomer anyway, so this came much older than I was at that.

No favorites, but my husband periodically teases me about my vocabulary usage. He's still mentioning 'mendicant' from at least a year or two ago - and his current favorite is 'rube'......

Regena

My mom used to call people rubes when I was a kid. It's so funny that you use it too! What a great word.