Menu

Can I brag????

Pensguys

:hurray:

:party:

:thumbup:

and for you: :cheers2:

Congratulations!

I don't know what's cracking me up more: these little celebratory:smilielol5: guys, or the reading to the cat! (What a great way to start my morning!) Thanks for sharing. As the mother of a very late reader, I get how exciting this is.

I just have to brag...hope you don't mind. ;)

My little guy who has had such a time of it with reading happily went to bed tonight and read Frog and Toad Together to the cat!!!!!

I'm so excited and proud of him!!!! :hurray:

That is fantastic!!! :party:

Thank God there was a patient cat there to listen. ;)

Thank you everyone....VERY much!!! :grouphug: We have a pre-diagnosis of dyslexia, but since I changed the reading program this year for him, along with adding in vision therapy and some maturity, he seems to be just blossoming with his reading now.

He told me that Jack (the cat) went to sleep and that he read Jack to sleep. He also said the words were "baby words" so that is very encouraging that he feels he didn't have any problems with the words.

My ds and I LOVED Frog and Toad!! We have the Frog and Toad Treasury and it's the book that he learned to read from. It worked better than any phonics program ever did for him. I had to reply b/c I just LOVE Frog and Toad. It brings back many fond memories for me. (Time flies!) I'm now enjoying reading it to my 2yo dd.