Menu

Is it possible ...

Is it possible for my son to be quiet for 30 consecutive seconds?  

1. 1. Is it possible for my son to be quiet for 30 consecutive seconds?

• No.
    • Impossible.
    • Not a chance!
    • Fuggetaboudit!
    • Give it up, girl, it's a pipe dream!

:lol:

Here's a funny..

One time I took my son probably same age on a car ride to Grandma's house.

90 minute drive.

He was walking out of our house talking, down our walkway talking, into our car talking, and continued to talk the ...entire...90...minute....drive....!

When we were getting ready to go, I remember thinking "he's going to talk all the way to the car" :tongue_smilie:

Didn't I wish.. He kept talking and talking and talking!

I remember waiting to see how far I'd driven before he stopped talking. :auto:

He never stopped talking. I didn't even reply. He was just blah-blah-blah

90+ minutes. :tongue_smilie:

It's a great memory!

:seeya:

My mom took the kids swimming when ds was probably 4 or so. It is about 1 mile from the pool to her house. He wouldn't stop talking, so she said, "Don't say anything else until we get home." He then proceeded to clap. She told him to stop, so he tapped on the door. I think she finally gave up. He did exactly what he was told. :lol:

My oldest is a non-stop talker. One time he bet my dh and me that he could stop talking for 5 minutes. We took that bet!

He went about 10 seconds and then started speaking what little Spanish he knew, trying to tell us that he meant he wouldn't speak English for 5 minutes. We said no, it was speaking at all.

Then he grabbed a piece of paper and a pen and started writing us notes!!!

:lol:

Yesterday, my girls had their lego league meeting, then my eldest had a writing class. The lego league coach's eldest son (she also has 3 kids) was also doing writing class, so we gave gave him a ride and then the coach picked the kids up and brought my dd home.

The entire ride from lego league to writing class my kids, especially middle dd, talked. Books, writing, stories all the kids had written, movies that had been made about books they had read with middle dd barely letting anyone even answer questions she asked.

After eldest arrived home I was asking about her class she told me that when they were on their way home nobody in the other mom's car talked. The other mom asked a couple of questions but that was it. I think she liked it. ;)

My talkers don't even stop in their sleep and sometimes what they say when they are awake doesn't make any more sense than when they are asleep. :tongue_smilie:

I really relate to this! lol

Oh my goodness. My step-daughter is like this! Non-stop talking and if we tell her not to talk she'll hum or sing or make silly noises. DH finally broke down on the camping trip last weekend and told her to just shut up for a minute. It wasn't polite but I'd been wanting to say it mayself for awhile. :glare: I enjoy quiet. Not every minute of every day has to be filled with noise of some sort!

if we tell her not to talk she'll hum or sing or make silly noises.

That is my son. If it's not talking, it's singing, humming, scatting, squeaking, whistling, banging on the floor, banging on the wall, banging a book open and closed, etc. Today I had to tell him to stop banging the trash can lid open and closed, open and closed, open and closed. It's like he can't live without noise.

Tara