Menu

cleaning stumper: crayola markers not coming off old school desk.

Magic Eraser hasn't worked.

Smooth top stove cleaner hasn't worked.

Nor has dry erase board cleaner.

I've got an old single-student school desk (tan top w/ metal adjustable base) that just won't give up the crayola marker colors.

Any other suggestions?

Rubbing alcohol. If the magic eraser hasn't worked, I wouldn't count on it though. Try the ra with the eraser.

How about soaking a cloth in bleach and laying it on there for a while? You may want to do this outside.

Otherwise I would try a wax solvent like Goo Gone. I have had good luck with De-solv-it. It is an orange based cleaner that works great on crayon.

When my youngest ds was about 2 he believed the walls in our living room were a canvas on which he was to create his most beloved "drawings" - with markers none the less.

What I found worked best to remove his creations were Goo Gone and Scrubbing Bubbles. Oddly enough, they didn't necessarily work on the same colors. If I remember correctly, the Goo Gone worked best on orange and SB worked best on purple.

You might try one of those. If that doesn't work, if you have liquid dishwasher detergent that has bleach in it, you might give that a try. Just put a little on the mark full strength and let it sit a while.

Good luck.