Menu

My blog is being plagiarized!

And I can't find a link on the blog to complain to- all the comment places are closed. Is there ANYTHING I can do?

For comparison:

http://classicalconditioning.start4all.com/2009/04/23/concordia-classical-academy-about-preschool/

The copied (and butchered) post

vs. mine:

http://concordiaclassicalacademy.blogspot.com/2009/04/about-preschool.html

Anyone dealt with this?

Ya know.....that other blog is *so* over the top BAD. That cannot be for real. Yes it somehow plagiarized you, but it is absolutely incomprehensible. Hopefully you can complain to someone, but as for anyone taking it seriously (the other blog, I mean)......I don't see how anyone could read 3 sentences and actually keep going. It makes NO sense whatsoever. none. Which makes one wonder what someone's point actually was in doing that??? Ewww. Good luck finding who to complain to (I mean that sympathetically, not snarkily :o) ). Take em down, honey!

My husband the computer genius says that it's done to get people looking for certain keywords to click on the site. It's a type of spam. There's a good chance that there's some sort of malware on that blog, so it's not necessarily a good idea to click on anything--even opening the page may get you something damaging. You might want to break the link or get rid of it, so you don't send lots of people there.

My husband the computer genius says that it's done to get people looking for certain keywords to click on the site. It's a type of spam. There's a good chance that there's some sort of malware on that blog, so it's not necessarily a good idea to click on anything--even opening the page may get you something damaging. You might want to break the link or get rid of it, so you don't send lots of people there.

I agree. It's a type of spam. I have run into a lot of websites like this when I do google searches. They seem like they are links to what you are looking for, but when you get there, they turn out to be nonsense--or apparently, mishmashes of other people's writings.

Looks like it is a harvesting bot scraping your blog, inserting random links, for who knows what reason. I had a friend web programmer who did this for fun 10 years ago just because he could do it, but this looks like he's some sort of spammer...

I'd contact the blog hoster to see if they could take it down, will not be the culprit however.

http://start4all.com/contact/

If anyone else wants to figure out if one of their pages are being copied, try this:

http://www.copyscape.com/

And I can't find a link on the blog to complain to- all the comment places are closed. Is there ANYTHING I can do?

For comparison:

http://classicalconditioning.start4all.com/2009/04/23/concordia-classical-academy-about-preschool/

The copied (and butchered) post

vs. mine:

http://concordiaclassicalacademy.blogspot.com/2009/04/about-preschool.html

Anyone dealt with this?

My blog was being plagarized, almost 2 years ago now.

It was a direct copy and paste. And a nice person informed me about it.

Most blogs have the option on how you set up your RSS feed. At the time mine was set on "full". After doing a lot of questioning in this area I was told to set it on "partial".

As someone mentioned the whole "bot" thing, that was how it was explained to me. . .bots going and grabbing your RSS feed. Most bots won't go directly to your blog site as some blogs can be set up to capture IPs.

Changing the whole RSS deal *seemed* to have fixed the problem.

You can copyright your blog, I did so, but truly that's a complete honor system thing. And, obviously, these people are already lacking in that area.

HTH,

When you compare the two, it appears as though the other is being copied and then is trying to substitute words similar to the words you've used, but so bizarrely that the syntax and grammar are WAY off. How did you discover that?

I hope other suggestions you've received help!

It really looks like someone translated your Blog into a differnt language and then translated it back to english. They could have used something online like Babel Fish.

I just tried it... I copied the first paragraph and then translated it into Korean(I picked a language at random)... I then copied the Korean and translated it back into English. The new version was different and had words inserted.

Hope you get it straightened out.

It really looks like someone translated your Blog into a differnt language and then translated it back to english. They could have used something online like Babel Fish.

I just tried it... I copied the first paragraph and then translated it into Korean(I picked a language at random)... I then copied the Korean and translated it back into English. The new version was different and had words inserted.

Hope you get it straightened out.

Weird- I really wonder why someone would do that?

The blog domain's owner is from the Netherlands, so perhaps the blog owner is as well?

It seems to me he's doing it for some sort of unethical SEO spamming. I used to pay over $10,000 a month for SEO (not unethical though), so it's big business.