Menu

Things are changing around here......

Ds is courting a gal from school, dd is going to start at the local juco (against my wishes, she's only 16.) The triplets are now 15 and the girl of the litter has officially given up riding and put her pony up for sale. The boys are all taller than I am. They are pretty much in charge of their own schoolwork.

It'll get better, right?:001_unsure:

I'm with you on this one, too... My oldest is planning her wedding for Aug. next year and my second in line is leaving in a month for her college opportunity and I wont see her for holidays... I try not to think about that and try to enjoy this summer.... our last summer as a "family" as we know it...

The only thing I do to work through it is to enjoy each individual day... finding something to appreciate and enjoy... to be happy about... like watching a movie with my youngest, just him and I...

I feel for ya. 2 weeks ago I was . . . well, freaking out is too strong of a phrase. My 15.5 yo got his first job, as a box boy at a grocery store owned by a friend, but the social aspect of PS graduates indoctrinating my "baby" with all this "bad" cultural stuff had me apprehensive.

Then, mid June he got his license. Scary few days, even though he is a very good driver.

Then a week later he started a math class at the CC in prep. for doing dual-enrollment in the fall . . . and driving himself there. Coming home with stories about people I don't know (traumatic for me after homeschooling him his whole life and knowing all his friends, and his friends' families). Funny thing is, his first "friend" (acquaintance really) from class is a young homeschool dad (I smiled inside at this!! not that it's a guarantee of a good person, of course).

Anyway, all this to say that I understand. They are spreading their wings and it's hard for us. We want to continue controlling things and be the most important people in their lives.

I just finished reading AGE OF OPPORTUNITY by Tripp. It is VERY good, and gave me some perspective. I highly recommend it.

Kimm in WA

It does change fast. My oldest totally changed my plan this year. It was a little hard for me to adjust to, but I'm happy he knows his own mind and is so unafraid to try just about anything. Still, I made plans ya know? Luckily, I have 3 younger kids. :)

Tell me more about this pony. We are looking for a SUPER safe and sane trail pony for my 13dd. Her "big old guy" (the 31 year old 16hh gelding) is slowing down. I need one that doesn't have the bratty pony attitude and likes to just follow along on the trail rides due to her special needs.