Menu

What stroller would you own if you were willing to pay a little more?

My requirements:

1. Light!

2. Fairly compact/narrow but must have large basket for shopping

3. Easy to steer/turn

4. Comfy for baby with the ability to recline completely for sleeping

5. Geared towards a baby older than 1

6. Folds down with one hand

7. Stable

I'm going to get a good one this go around. I've become stroller dependent with this baby since I'm always taking older kids places and popping baby in her stroller. I need free hands and freedom of movement to keep up with my very busy just four year old! I've had a million (it feels like, lol) cheaper strollers. They've always been bulky or hard to turn or just plain unlovable for one reason or another.

My baby is almost one and is outgrowing her carseat. I've been using a Maclaren frame that you can snap my carseat into and I love it. I'm thinking I might want a Maclaren stroller but I've never shelled out for a really good stroller (to me this means paid more than maybe $100) and I don't want to overlook brand that might be better.

Thanks!!

I use the Joovy Ultralight. You can strap an infant carrier into it, and then it converts to a regular seat with tray when the child outgrows a carrier.

It has a booster seat on back for an older sibling. That was my reason for buying it. The older sibling can sit on the booster, or stand on a platform and hold on to handles for a fun ride.

It's lighter than a double stroller. The quality is excellent, and it comes in several colors. We have had no problems or issues with it at all. My tall 5yo is a bit old for it now, but she can still fit. I use it when I go places where I want to keep her close at hand. Besides, it's fun.

It sells for $270.

post-6264-13535082891986_thumb.jpg

post-6264-13535082892085_thumb.jpg

post-6264-13535082891986_thumb.jpg

post-6264-13535082892085_thumb.jpg

Edited by Blessedfamily

We've had two Maclarens and liked them a lot. We got them both secondhand so didn't pay much but have been very happy with them. The first one got hit by a car in a parking lot (no baby it it...thank goodness) otherwise we'd probably still have that one.

I think the one we have now is the Triumph...http://www.amazon.com/Maclaren-Triumph-Pink-Flag-Stroller/dp/B000FZ0WI0. But to be honest, I don't remember for sure which model it is.

It's very light. Easy to fold. I don't usually do it with one hand but it's super quick and easy. Once folded it's easy for me to put it in the car with one hand. The basket is big enough for our needs. It does fold down completely for sleep. It came with a rain cover and some other accessories but we never use them.

We purchased a Combi stroller for dd. It meets most of your criteria (it takes 2 hands to fold but it fold so very easy) I think it was just over $100, we did not have to purchase an umbrella stroller when she turned 3 and it held up great. We purchased ours through Babies R Us for they had the best selection.

Check your local craigs list you may be able to find a great deal on anyone of th strollers suggested. I just sold my Combi for $20.

Edited by lynn

I use the Joovy Ultralight. You can strap an infant carrier into it, and then it converts to a regular seat with tray when the child outgrows a carrier.

It has a booster seat on back for an older sibling. That was my reason for buying it. The older sibling can sit on the booster, or stand on a platform and hold on to handles for a fun ride.

It's lighter than a double stroller. The quality is excellent, and it comes in several colors. We have had no problems or issues with it at all. My tall 5yo is a bit old for it now, but she can still fit. I use it when I go places where I want to keep her close at hand. Besides, it's fun.

It sells for $270.

Thanks for the link! This stroller looks great for two kids! I'm really just looking for something small for the baby to use daily but I'll keep this one in mind in case we decide to get one big enough to tote the four year old, too!

Thanks very much for the suggestion!

We've had two Maclarens and liked them a lot. We got them both secondhand so didn't pay much but have been very happy with them. The first one got hit by a car in a parking lot (no baby it it...thank goodness) otherwise we'd probably still have that one.

I think the one we have now is the Triumph...http://www.amazon.com/Maclaren-Triumph-Pink-Flag-Stroller/dp/B000FZ0WI0. But to be honest, I don't remember for sure which model it is.

It's very light. Easy to fold. I don't usually do it with one hand but it's super quick and easy. Once folded it's easy for me to put it in the car with one hand. The basket is big enough for our needs. It does fold down completely for sleep. It came with a rain cover and some other accessories but we never use them.

I'm glad you posted. I've been looking at the Triumph and the one slightly bigger and can't figure out where the extra hundred dollars comes from for the more expensive one.

The Triumph is a serious contender and it's nice to hear you like yours!

Thanks very much!

(And oh my goodness, what an awful story about your first stroller. I bet that took your breath away realizing what could have happened! I'm glad your little one was safe!)

We purchased a Combi stroller for dd. It meets most of your criteria (it takes 2 hands to fold but it fold so very easy) I think it was just over $100, we did not have to purchase an umbrella stroller when she turned 3 and it held up great. We purchased ours through Babies R Us for they had the best selection.

Check your local craigs list you may be able to find a great deal on anyone of th strollers suggested. I just sold my Combi for $20.

I haven't looked at the Combi. I'm off to Google.

Thanks very much for the suggestion!

(And I wish I could check a Craig's List, but we are overseas military so no such beast exists where we are! We do have a yard sale site, but baby stuff of quality goes super quickly!)

...I would have bought a Maxi Cosi. I liked both the Foray and the Perle. The 3rd one (Loola?) wasn't available at the time we needed one. Dh and I went to Babies R Us countless times, playing with it, pushing it around, LOVING it, but just couldn't justify the price. We ended up getting a Peg Perego in perfect condition at a consignment shop for $65!

I second this, for both kids. Joovy has a single lightweight that is great too. Quinny Zapp is ultra light, compact, but no recline. What about an Ergo or Beco carrier, they can be used up to 40+ lbs and you can wear them on your back or front.

I love Maclaren, the Bugaboo Bee is great but prices around $460 new.

It sells for $270.

Maclaren Triumph, without question. We bought one and accidentally left it behind when we went on vacation to Disney World. Before making it to the parks, we went to the store and bought another Triumph because I was not going to navigate the parks with a cheapie stroller. :)

LOVED those 2 strollers. I still have them, actually, even though my youngest is now 6 years old! ROFLOL

Stroller is lightweight, easy to fold up, compact to carry, glides like a dream, super easy to turn.... pure joy. :D

I am 99% sure the stroller we had with our last baby was a combi and it was wonderful. I got it on clearance for $200, marked down from $350. The seat had 3 or 4 positions, including lying flat. I could turn the handle so the baby faced toward me or away from me. I could open and close the stroller with one hand. It was lightweight - 12 lbs I think. It came with 2 snap-on covers, one plastic, so we could cover the baby if it were cool or raining. The basket wasn't as large as I would have liked, but that's the only thing I didn't like. After getting into a huge fight with my dh because he thought I was spending too much money on the stroller, I had a baby who didn't like to ride in it. :lol:

I have a McClaren Triumph and I love it. We bought it for my 4th and it's been so worthwhile to have a very lightweight well-made stroller. My son is nearly 3 and he still rides in it. And sometimes when we are out he'll walk and my 5yo will ride in it. LOL

McClaren! The only thing that's bugged me is that the "umbrella" part on mine was a little off center and wouldn't adjust and "stay put" So, if a bit more money would solve it...I'd pay extra. Great Stroller, though.. I've also looked at the Bill and Ted's and would have loved one of those. I topped out at $200, though. I love my Ergo, too!

Carrie

Maclaren Volo. No doubt.

I bought mine when Dot was well over three years old and weighed fourty pounds. It has a 55 lb limit on it, but can hold more than that. The basket is small, but not too small, and the stroller itself only weighs about 6 pounds. My friend has one too and her DD slept easily in it from 6 months on.

Dot will be 6 in October, is 45 " tall and weighs almost 50 lbs. She still can comfortably use it and does. Last weekend we took ours with us to the HEAV convention. By the time we left, Dot was wlaking and we had at least 80 lbs of books piled in the Volo. :lol: It was a tad difficult to steer, but nothing broke. :tongue_smilie:

Not to mention, that while it's more pricey than your typical umbrella stroller, it's not really that expensive. It comes with a sunshade, but we've never used ours.

We have a Phil and Ted's Sport Buggy with the double seat option. LOVE THIS STROLLER! And we also have a Maclaren Quest for when I want something just a bit lighter and we also love that one as well. My 40 pound 5 year old can still fit into both of them, and they were good when my daughter was an infant as well.