Menu

Anyone want to ride the Arabian?

Is that what I know as 'rising to the trot'?

Laura

Well, this is not a technical definition and maybe someone else can explain it better but it is when you kind of stand up in the stirups while gripping the horse with your thighs and then sit down in the saddle in rapid succession. I don't know if it is the same thing but it sounds the same to me.

No Anglos here, sorry. But I've got two Quarter horse mares that are built like tanks. They don't have near the stamina the Arabs do though.

Where's a pic of your cart ponies? I've got one and hopefully another in training this summer.

I gave my pony away after I graduated from college. I've taken lessons since then, as has ds, but I've never owned a horse or pony since then. If I could have a horse where I live now, my backyard would make a roomy box stall. As it is, my farm dog doesn't have room to run in the back yard.

I love this. Love the movement, love the sound. So want to break into a canter.

Thank you for posting it, you made my day!

If you go back and check the videos there is canter behind the cart pony somewhere. Just click on videos at the top and you can have your canter. It's on the second page.

Edited by Remudamom

There is something to be said for learning to "sit the trot" well in an English saddle. Not an easy skill to master, but one a rider gets the hip movements down it's a more controlled position that "posting" (aka rising to the trot).

Bill

Yes, Laura, it is. Heels down, little half-seat when the outside front leg rises at the trot. Makes things MUCH more comfortable! :D

astrid (who misses riding!)

You've got to post on my Arabian, (at this point anyhow, we're working on her trot) but the Quarter horses are like sitting in a rocking chair at a trot. No need to post, although it does make it better on the horse's back.

If you go back and check the videos there is canter behind the cart pony somewhere. Just click on videos at the top and you can have your canter. It's on the second page.

Wow! What fun! I've never been in a cart before. How awesome! The track reminds me of where I used to ride my thoroughbred. He was a big boy and felt like a rocking horse at the canter, but his trot was not so fun. There have been a couple of horses I have gotten to ride with trots so nice they made it easy to pretend I was a really good rider! :lol:

Thanks again for sharing. I will definitely visit your site when I need a mental vacation!