Menu

Help!! We need day planners!!!

My kids needs to learn to manage their time. They have learned their awful time management techniques ...fly by the seat of your pants attitude from me,....and it is BAD!

We need to have our days planned out so we can accomplish SOMETHING!

What are your favorite day planners...for kids and master planners for mom..

Tell me your best tricks...

We tried MOTH a whaile ago...but life got in the way and I could not make it work....

We need flexible...we need do-able...we need pretty (yes I know...but we do...) we need to get on task and stay on task. it will make us all happier. I am tired of being the time police...hurry...hurry...hurry...

AAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Faithe

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're just looking for something to write it all out, I like Grace Works' planners

I think Rainbow Resource also used to carry them.

The other one I've been mulling over is The Old Schoolhouse Planner

I can't decide on that one though. It costs a lot and you have to buy new modules, but I've been toying with the idea of trying it out.

Blessings (from another "fly by the seat of her pants mom")!

Dorinda

For me I just ordered the Well planned day planner. I have not used it before but I like that it seems to have everything all in one for me(school and home) and I don't have to print it myself at home. Plus, I love the colors!:)

OK, I'm sold!:lol:

That pre-order price is too good to pass up!

Thanks Lori

(even though I'm not the original poster):D

I need pretty too!! I always make mine up in Microsoft Word so I can use color for the boxes etc..., but I saw one on another forum by a mom who used her scrapbook program (I think) on her schedule--it was beautiful!!

RE MOTH--I use MOTH mainly to get an idea of how things can work together, how long they take (realistically, not just on paper!)--it usually takes me 3-4 tries to come up with the routine that's going to work. When I do, though, I don't follow the times exactly, just the order.

Have you thought about Workboxes? These are like a 3-D scheduling tool. We opted to use drawers instead of boxes, but they have worked so well for us because the materials stay organized & we're better at getting everything done this way--it's harder to ignore than a piece of paper, LOL! Here's pictures & a description of ours. There are TONS of variations on Sue Patrick's system, if you google it you'll find it everywhere.

Hope you find what works for you! Merry :-)

Merry :-)

Any idea what SIZE that planner is? I actually got an older Palm Pilot to help schedule my life (if you can call it scheduling as I shuffle so much!) and then I print out an excel spreadsheet for the kids which I tack on the fridge and 1 in their room.

I might try (once again) to get them planners so they can pick subjects etc and I will just assign "school blocks"

One more thought :D

I have Homeschool Tracker, so a lot of times I'll print off my daughter's "To Do List" from that. That way, she knows what she needs to accomplish and we can check it off as we go. Do you have something like that?

YESS!! I Have homeschool tracker plus....

BUT, I think I need to work out a plan with paper and pencil first. HST makes me dizzy.

I need HST for Dummies...

~~Faithe

YESS!! I Have homeschool tracker plus....

BUT, I think I need to work out a plan with paper and pencil first. HST makes me dizzy.

I need HST for Dummies...

~~Faithe

LOL! I've had it for 6 years and I'm just now using the Lesson Plan feature! I don't like their Scheduling feature, which is why I buy a planner or make my own. I ordered the Well Planned Day Planner. I'm excited to see how it works!

Dorinda

PS HST for dummies is their Forums. I ask a stupid question about once a year, and Katie graciously answers it within the hour. My one stupid question was last week. Guess I met my quota for the year :D

I bought MOTH and it's too much, but I like the ideas. I usually print off pages from Donna Young's site and stick them in a binder, but they're not pretty.

When you guys get the well planned day, will you post all about it? It looks great, but I wish they had a "real" photo of it and not just the graphics. Knowing the size and thickness would be nice too. :-) Thanks in advance!

-Trish in CA

Guest Rebecca Keliher

Hi All,

This is Rebecca Keliher, creator of Well Planned Day.

It is a full year planner. It begins August 1 and ends July 31.

It is 8 1/2 X 11 in size. It is over 200 full color pages. Thickness is roughly 1 inch.

I am working on uploading a full screen flip book for previewing. Look for it in the next week.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

The wellplannedday site is currently under construction, it is being programmed to be a online record, grade, photos, and document portfolio.

We are looking at August 1 as a launch date. Currently you can order the printed version of the Well-Planned Day only.

Thanks for the note about the contact button. I will have that fixed asap.

Rebecca

I make my own on Word- that way I can decorate, use pretty fonts and colours, have a master copy that I can tweak each week, and print out another if the first one gets eaten by the dog. I jsut use the table function. They like to scribble out the work they have done. I print out one each week for them each- it has no times, but we have done times in the past so that everyone could see I wasnt being unreasonable! They like to do their independent work in whatever order they feel like. As long as it gets done, i am fine with that.

We do have a starting time though. No slacking there. Chores done, exercise done, breakfast done, dressed, music practice done, at your desk, by 8.30.

Hi All,

It is 8 1/2 X 11 in size. It is over 200 full color pages. Thickness is roughly 1 inch.

I am working on uploading a full screen flip book for previewing. Look for it in the next week.

The wellplannedday site is currently under construction, it is being programmed to be a online record, grade, photos, and document portfolio.

We are looking at August 1 as a launch date. Currently you can order the printed version of the Well-Planned Day only.

Rebecca

I ordered mine last week but I was wondering when they will actually ship. In Missouri, our school year is from July 1 - June 30, but I'm sure I can adapt.

I'm anxious to get it as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Angela

• 3 weeks later...

It could be worse. You could have an organized nutjob as a child.

DD doesn't really want "Assignment sheets" or a daily planner. Why? Because they'd be handwritten and printed off the computer looks nicer. So we're doing a spreadsheet she can take weekly plans and break down into daily plans and then print.

Sometimes balance is just plain nice.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All,

Rebecca

Rebecca,

I've called twice and not heard back. I'm wondering when you're going to ship these out. There's no information on your website as to when we can expect them and it's the 2nd week of July.

Thanks!

Dorinda

I just spoke with Rebecca. The printers are supposed to have the planners to them on the 17th and they will be shipping them priority mail to everyone who ordered them immediately. They're hoping to have them all out by the 20th.

Blessings!

Dorinda

I've been using a teacher planner from Dollar Tree for Yacko; this coming year we'll have one for each child. This isn't for the child's use, it's for mine. :p

For the kids, I have a severely modified workbox-type system.

Each child has a manila folder with library pockets glued inside. Each pocket is for one subject (you could do one pocket for each day instead.) In the pockets are index cards; one assignment per card. Since the pockets are labeled by subject, the cards are labeled by day of the week; I'm going to attempt to laminate them, but I don't know how well that will fit in the pockets.

We also have a laminated chart ($1 @ Target last week!) for each child. One column has clocks and the other a space for filling in assignments, so you can time schedule each day.

Each child is color coded; Dot is pink, Wacko is blue, and Yacko is green. Each has a 3 ring binder holding basically everything I can fit into a binder. :lol: There are tabs divinding each subject as needed, and paperr for any subject not preprinted. We use CLE for math & language arts, so each child has a poly folder for holding the CLE lightunits.

• 2 weeks later...
I just spoke with Rebecca. The printers are supposed to have the planners to them on the 17th and they will be shipping them priority mail to everyone who ordered them immediately. They're hoping to have them all out by the 20th.

Blessings!

Dorinda

Has anyone received theirs yet? I can't wait to get mine!

Angela

We had been printing out our schedules every week from the computer, but it was hard to keep up with for us...so I just purchased the student planners from CLE for $12 a piece for my kids.

"Designed especially for homeschool students, this 8.5" x 11" spiral-bound planner comes complete with a weekly chart to list special appointments and responsibilities, a place to chart daily goals for all subjects, a weekly memory verse, student self-evaluation check, and a journal to log activites such as field trips."

There are samples of them on the yahoo group Chrisitanlightfamilies.

Erika

I finally got an email back from the company. After 3 emails and a phone call. They say they got them planners in on Monday and shipped them Tuesday. So, they should be coming any day now!!!:)

Lori

Well, I gave up today (watch, it will get here Monday). This is part of the e-mail I sent to the company (with two spelling errors because my spell check didn't catch them :glare:):

In the future, I would recommend updating your website with information pertinent to your customers. If you would simply post the date you received or expect to receive the planners, as well as the ship date, it would have increased my confidence in your company immensely.

I start school the second week in August. I needed that planner a week ago and I totally understand printing problems, but I don't understand poor customer service. I hope everyone loves them and maybe next year I'll give it another shot.

Blessings!

Dorinda

PS When I spoke with Rebecca, she said they would be shipped priority. That's partly why I'm frustrated. If they were shipped priority, they should be here by now.

I have to agree. I'm very disappointed that I don't have it yet.

Blessings,

Angela

Well, I gave up today (watch, it will get here Monday). This is part of the e-mail I sent to the company (with two spelling errors because my spell check didn't catch them :glare:):

In the future, I would recommend updating your website with information pertinent to your customers. If you would simply post the date you received or expect to receive the planners, as well as the ship date, it would have increased my confidence in your company immensely.

I start school the second week in August. I needed that planner a week ago and I totally understand printing problems, but I don't understand poor customer service. I hope everyone loves them and maybe next year I'll give it another shot.

Blessings!

Dorinda

PS When I spoke with Rebecca, she said they would be shipped priority. That's partly why I'm frustrated. If they were shipped priority, they should be here by now.

I just received a reply from the company. Here's the letter:

First, let me apologize for your inconvenience. It is in no way deliberate. We had trouble getting the planner back from the printer in a timely manner. We spent over $10,000 to overnight it from China. It arrived last Tuesday and all orders were shipped Thursday.

We also ran into a few problems with our new postage/shipping equipment and the paypal module we were using (apparently paypal has had a great number of problems with this module).

We had expected to ship them on Tuesday by priority mail, but due to the overwhelming expense of over-nighting them from China, we were told by the post office that using the barcoded labels, they would arrive only 1 day later than a priority mailer would.

This is our first year for this planner and next year we are set to go to print in January. It is not our desire to disappoint customers, rather, we have tried to go to great length to satisfy.

Again, I am sorry.

Rebecca Keliher

I replied that I will wait and see if I receive it next week.

Hope that helps everyone! I'm not trying to be disrespectful or mean. I really, really like the looks of this and am anxious to get it. I suggested in the future, they post this information on their website.

Blessings!

Dorinda

I just received a reply from the company. Here's the letter:

First, let me apologize for your inconvenience. It is in no way deliberate. We had trouble getting the planner back from the printer in a timely manner. We spent over $10,000 to overnight it from China. It arrived last Tuesday and all orders were shipped Thursday.

We also ran into a few problems with our new postage/shipping equipment and the paypal module we were using (apparently paypal has had a great number of problems with this module).

We had expected to ship them on Tuesday by priority mail, but due to the overwhelming expense of over-nighting them from China, we were told by the post office that using the barcoded labels, they would arrive only 1 day later than a priority mailer would.

This is our first year for this planner and next year we are set to go to print in January. It is not our desire to disappoint customers, rather, we have tried to go to great length to satisfy.

Again, I am sorry.

Rebecca Keliher

I replied that I will wait and see if I receive it next week.

Hope that helps everyone! I'm not trying to be disrespectful or mean. I really, really like the looks of this and am anxious to get it. I suggested in the future, they post this information on their website.

Blessings!

Dorinda

Thank you Dorinda for the update. I understand their position, however I agree with you that an email blast out to people who pre-ordered, or a note on their homepage, would have been greatly appreciated.

Blessings,

Angela

For me I just ordered the Well planned day planner. I have not used it before but I like that it seems to have everything all in one for me(school and home) and I don't have to print it myself at home. Plus, I love the colors!:)

I just ordered this planner after seeing the link for it here. I can't wait for it to get here!!! It looks so....organized, yet pretty! I just wish I would have found it 3 years ago. Thank you for pointing out this awesome planner!

Worked fine for me:)

Just keep trying. It worked fine when I looked at it, but then went back a couple hous later to order and it was down. But later that day it was up and running again.:001_smile:

OOPS! I quoted the wrong post, supposed to be the one from A.J. at J.A. having trouble w/ the website. Sorry, I guess I'm in too much of a hurry this morning.