Menu

Tomorrow is the BIG DAY. I need Prayer!

UPDATE ON #14

Tomorrow is the day that I tell my boss that I am leaving my position to move to Malaysia. I don't think it is going to go very well. :glare:

I am really nervous about this. I feel like I am breaking up with a boyfriend who never saw it coming. They really have no idea and are going to be floored.

I am so nervous I feel nauseous.:ack2:

Edited by Heather in NC

BOLD. You are making a bold move. It is awesome.

What I do for situations where I feel nervous anxiety is to go ahead and imagine the worst case scenario. I once had a BIG client, who towered over me, YELL and cuss at me and threaten to throw me out a 5th floor window because the project manager had lied to him. I have always figured that no business meeting can ever be as bad as that one was.

So, imagine your worst case. They won't throw you out of the window. They probably won't even yell or cuss at you. They can't make you stay. You aren't going to change your mind. So don't go in feeling like you have been cheating on them. Its not about them. It about you doing what you feel called to do. You'll be great.

Tomorrow is the day that I tell my boss that I am leaving my position to move to Malaysia. I don't think it is going to go very well. :glare:

I am really nervous about this. I feel like I am breaking up with a boyfriend who never saw it coming. They really have no idea and are going to be floored.

I am so nervous I feel nauseous.:ack2:

I know exactly what you mean! Will be praying.

You'll be great. If you are confident that this is for the best, then you will project that. If they are disappointed, you can rest well that you have done a great job with them and it just means they will miss you. They will find someone new. Will you be able to help with finding your replacement? Sometimes that helps ease the transition. Best of luck.

I DID IT!!! I told my direct supervisor AND my superintendent (the big boss) at the same time.

I simply said: "I just wanted to let you both know that I have been offered a principal position."

Superintendent said: "Where? Where? You can't leave. I will call them right now!"

I said, "Bad idea, they are 12 hours ahead of us."

That of course made them both very confused and broke the ice! So I told them all about Malaysia and what I will be doing there. My boss kept saying "NO" and I finally said "this was really more of an announcement and not actually a request for permission." :D

But overall they were happy for me. I also told some of my co-workers and the general reaction is a jaw-drop. But most of them say what a great opportunity it is and one even said she is jealous!

Thank you for your prayers. Now EVERYONE knows!!!! 55 days and counting!

I'm so excited for you Heather!

I don't know you as well as others on here; what is it that you do right now? Teach? Why is it that I thought you are a 'pastor' or something? Maybe I have you mixed up with someone else...

But I'm very excited for you! :D

I'm so excited for you Heather!

I don't know you as well as others on here; what is it that you do right now? Teach? Why is it that I thought you are a 'pastor' or something? Maybe I have you mixed up with someone else...

But I'm very excited for you! :D

I am an administrator for a ps district but I am working on my master's in theology so you were close! :D

Oh Heather, that's wonderful. I was waiting for you to come in and report. Congratulations!! I'm glad it all went so smoothly. That has to be a tremendous load off of your mind! I hope you can sleep tonight. Btw, I LOVED this --->

My boss kept saying "NO" and I finally said "this was really more of an announcement and not actually a request for permission." :D
too funny! :lol: I wish you all the best! :)

:hurray::party:

I DID IT!!! I told my direct supervisor AND my superintendent (the big boss) at the same time.

I simply said: "I just wanted to let you both know that I have been offered a principal position."

Superintendent said: "Where? Where? You can't leave. I will call them right now!"

I said, "Bad idea, they are 12 hours ahead of us."

That of course made them both very confused and broke the ice! So I told them all about Malaysia and what I will be doing there. My boss kept saying "NO" and I finally said "this was really more of an announcement and not actually a request for permission." :D

But overall they were happy for me. I also told some of my co-workers and the general reaction is a jaw-drop. But most of them say what a great opportunity it is and one even said she is jealous!

Thank you for your prayers. Now EVERYONE knows!!!! 55 days and counting!