Menu

Who's going to tackle Thursday with me?

Jean in Newcastle

Oops, it's 5:20 am and I've been up working all night.  There is one report I can't finish because I just realized I don't have the bank statement.  Dang!

I should try to get a nap before the kids get up.

I think I have at least one conference call today, Ugh.

Also, the maids are supposed to come, double ugh.

I want to take the kids to TKD this evening.  Here's hoping ....

• Like 7

Good morning!

There is a huge flock of wild turkeys waddling through our front yard and the dogs are going nuts.  :)

It's already back to being pitch dark during morning chores again - and this morning, the coyotes were up close to the house and barns and were howling at the top of their lungs - so cool. Usually, they are done howling for the night around 4am or so.

•school

•post office

•make dd and ds17 clean their rooms, or at least clear a path so electrician can get in there tomorrow and do some work 

•vacuum, dust, mop

•menu plan

•figure out how much more hay and straw we need, arrange delivery

•laundry

•ds17 golf lesson

•dinner: mustard roasted salmon and baked garlic fries

Edited by Selkie
  • Like 5

Good morning! It is blessed Thursday, no morning practice. So extra sleep and calm in the morning. I have the whole day at home today! Well, at least until 2:30.

To do:

email dmil

call mom

chores

laundry

school with boys

ds2 to cc

jen things until time to leave

ds3 to tennis

pick up dd2/swim

judo

Have a great day!

• Like 4

Good morning!

I slept in because I was up late. Ds has a friend over, so I have trouble sleeping until the kids are in bed. 

To Do:

no school today because of friend being over since last night

take ds and friend out to lunch (all this is for friend's birthday this week)

take the boys and go to our church for a Operation Christmas Child shoebox packing party

pack up stuff for co-op tomorrow

take the boys to swim practice tonight

look back over my chemistry review for tomorrow

• Like 5

I have a very big iced peppermint mocha.  :willy_nilly:

And a boot. It is ugly and heavy and will be glitter-taped once I get upstairs. Tomorrow I have to have a CT, the ortho is now not convinced it is a fracture.  :001_huh:

Whelp.

Today I need to finish the lab report I did not do yesterday, send some emails, and call the School Person about Thing. Then continue working on Other Things that I basically have been putting off until I knew what is going on with my foot... Since that has been postponed until I see ortho again on Tuesday, I will just need to make some plans.

I am in a better state than yesterday. Still don't care for the crutches, but I feel like I'm in good hands with this ortho even if I did not get answers today. I had a brief cry at the ortho this morning and she joked that if I kept going that she would use a plaster cast. She said that we will figure it out and can only go from here to the future, cannot do the past. Which is true, but I keep looking at the next two months and seeing everything I need to be able to get myself around for.

Edited by Guest
  • Like 5

Hope everyone is doing well today! I slept in so I forgot to log in with today's plan.

DONE:

coffee

Publix and pharmacy

text friends about joining us for Thanksgiving (they had an unexpected change of travel plans)

TO DO:

-school with DS13

-workout (the legs/glutes I didn't do yesterday plus some upper body)

-figure out Thanksgiving menu and what I still need to buy

-start figuring out what to pack for our upcoming Southern Caribbean cruise

-help DS16 with two papers (after he got a 40 on his English paper yesterday it is obvious I need to become more involved....) - this is going to require lots of teeth gritting, tongue biting, and alcoholic beverages

-dinner (no idea what)

-baseball game at 8 pm (why does the school insist on games starting this late??)

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 4

Today Youngest turns 12.  He already had his birthday party, with cake, cousins, and a fancy new kick scooter. So it's a quiet day today. His brother gave him an hour of computer time. (In our house you have to earn computer time) and money to spend at the convenience store. They then walked to the store and bought some candy. I got him the present that is becoming the usual gift he gets on his actual birthday - Kindle unlimited for the month. He is currently reading a bunch of short, simple, very likely badly edited books set in Terreria (2D version of minecraft). 

This morning I woke up early feeling not well. I was pretty sure it was a UTI so I made a Dr. appointment. I biked in the drizzle to the Dr, and I was right. So now I am on antibiotics. 

Tomorrow we are leaving for a long weekend away from home. So I should be tiding and stuff. But I'm not. 

Boy have a dentist appointment after lunch. But I'm planning to just show up at the end of it to pay. 

This evening we have running club. Technically it is the graduation from, "Let's start running" day - which means pizza after the run. Youngest and I have done that program several times, and neither of us is ready to graduate. :p But we still get the pizza. :) Eldest has offered to run with Youngest tonight since, when the time comes I might not feel like going for a 5km run in the rain. I'll see how I feel when the time comes, because I know Eldest loves to run with his group, which goes faster and farther then the group Youngest and I run with. 

• Like 4

My part of school is almost done. Done core subjects with Ds and checked Dd's math, Latin and Grammar. 

Ds has a list to work through this afternoon while I'm gone. Not optimistic about how much he will do and how well, but he likes to work independently and I need to be elsewhere. Dd has a list too. 

Need to make the library run today.

Thinking hard about what next week will look like. For me, cooking, of course. I would also like to do yardwork, listen to podcasts and work on history lesson plans. Maybe coffee with a friend or a girls night?

Kids need to sleep in, practice piano daily, and enjoy a break. Dd will need to do some schoolwork, but nothing onerous and Thursday-Sunday will be a complete break.

• Like 5

kitchen - rebooted dishwasher and picked up after breakfast.

laundry - folded and put away one load of laundry.  And I'm done with laundry for today.  I get a rest day and then back at it tomorrow. 

grading/ school - finished grading dd's biology final.  She did well.  My very late bloomer is finally getting it.  (And two more algebra sets to grade and we will be officially done with all of last year's work!  ) 

• Like 4

Just put our old cat's fuzzy blanket in the washer and that will be my last load of laundry for the day.

Did some paperwork and made a post office run.

Figured out how much more hay and straw we can squeeze in the sheds and arranged a delivery for Saturday.

Dh is getting everything measured up for our our kitchen cabinet and flooring orders.

Refilled the dog food bins and emptied garbage cans.

The kids got a reprieve on cleaning their rooms because the electrician won't need to get in their rooms tomorrow, he is only going to be working outside and in the barns.

Now it's time to clean the kitchen.

• Like 4

I spent an inordinate amount of time micro-planning Thanksgiving food. As always, I printed a menu and schedule and pur this year's recipes in a binder.

But, instead of making a hard-to-read handwritten shopping list, I entered the ingredients for each recipe on a spreadsheet, even the staples. Then I sorted by type of food and store where I get it. I am hoping that I will not end up with extra boxes of brown sugar but no cinnamon, kwim?

• Like 4

The boiling water on the induction plate was a big fat bust.  I tried boiling that water for 20 minutes and while I saw steam rising, no boil.  So then I transferred everything to the microwave and followed directions for making pasta there and ended up with an inedible big congealed lump of pasta which I ended up throwing away.  I had been wondering if I should have gotten an induction range but now I'm happy that I didn't go with that!  (I'm sure with the right cooking equipment it would have worked but this soured me on it quite a bit.)

Then after a plan C lunch (Madras lentils), I tried to get the bargain kitchen bag out of my garbage can.  I had to stick my hand way down into yucky kitchen garbage to even get the edges up high enough to grab and then part of it tore on me.  And once I got the garbage out and in the bin, I discovered that wet  yucky stuff had seeped all over the can and down to the bottom.  So I had to wash and disinfect the entire can.  I put more expensive but working garbage bags on my grocery list.

Then I went grocery shopping and got garbage bags and other things.  Gluten free sausages are hard to find because of the ubiquitous and suspicious "caramel coloring" (which often is derived from glutinous sources) but I found some. 

I also took dd out to fro yo again because I was not going to even wrestle with a snack in my kitchen.  I CANNOT WAIT until I get my kitchen range tomorrow. 

Then I went to the library and looked through art books that I had put on hold (rejected because they were not what I wanted) and put some more Flavia de Luce mysteries on hold.

And now I'm making rice in the rice cooker and everyone can warm up leftovers in the microwave when the time comes. 

• Like 2