Menu

prayers/good thoughts please - teen in back brace

ktgrok

if anyone could pray/send healing thoughts...my teen goes to the doctor today to find out if he can get his back brace off. He broke 2 vertebrae 3 months ago, and has been in it ever since. The goal was to get it off today. Please pray he can, (he is very self concious in it) and that he gets some lifting of activity restrictions. He's expected to have another 3 months of no lifting, etc...but any easing of that would be wonderful. He'd love to at least be allowed to swim this summer. Poor guys is VERY active normally, and not be able to bike, skateboard, swim, run, jump, bend, etc is slowly killing him. He can't even hold his baby brother. (not to mention, selfishly, he's zero help around the house right now..I'd love for him to at least be able to clean the litter box, lol).

UPDATE! No more brace!!!! He's allowed to swim, walk, fish, etc. No biking/skateboarding/jumping/climbing. He's happy, I'm happy :)