Menu

Looking for some spring/summer skirts for me!

I love love love wearing comfy skirts in the spring/summer. I only have a few that I like so I want to get a few more for this year. I would prefer that they don't break the bank. And that must be comfy and look great with flip flops! Any ideas for me? :D

Why has no one answered this question?

I too love skirts and casual dresses for summer wear. Some years they are hard to find, but I don't think that is the case this year. At least that is my assumption as I peruse ads.

My plan is to sew a skirt or two to add to my wardrobe. Loose, flowy skirts are easy. There are some fabulous prints in the fabric stores.

Anyone else?

I'm doing most of my wardrobe shopping at Lands' End this year. Not at regular price - but I find a lot of good skirts in the Overstocks section, and they've been offering free shipping a lot in recent months.

Also, as much as I've heard people diss Target for not being fashionable, I've found quite a few skirts there over the past few years that can be dressed up or down, and are quite reasonable in price.

Shoes, now that's another story. Finding some that actually fit and aren't way overpriced has become the bane of my existence!

Do you sew? This is on my wish list.

http://www.amazon.com/Sew-What-Skirts-Fabulous-Fabrics/dp/1580176259/ref=wl_it_dp?ie=UTF8&coliid=IV5C3N53KL7WS&colid=1YFVQYTR21RDS

If you want, I could sacrifice and buy it now to let you know if it's any good! :lol:

Ooh...I like, I like!!

I might just buy it myself. That looks too good to pass up. I also like skirts but don't have the time to shop. To sew them at home...wow!

Why has no one answered this question?

I was wondering too!

http://www.amazon.com/Sew-What-Skirts-Fabulous-Fabrics/dp/1580176259/ref=wl_it_dp?ie=UTF8&coliid=IV5C3N53KL7WS&colid=1YFVQYTR21RDS

If you want, I could sacrifice and buy it now to let you know if it's any good! :lol:

:D Looks good, but I don't sew.

I'm doing most of my wardrobe shopping at Lands' End this year. Not at regular price - but I find a lot of good skirts in the Overstocks section, and they've been offering free shipping a lot in recent months.

Also, as much as I've heard people diss Target for not being fashionable, I've found quite a few skirts there over the past few years that can be dressed up or down, and are quite reasonable in price.

Shoes, now that's another story. Finding some that actually fit and aren't way overpriced has become the bane of my existence!

I will look at the Land's End website and at Target.

Look at www.etsy.com. I also love skirts in the spring, summer, fall :) This is a site of homemade things. Some of the skirts are really expensive, but some are reasonable. I'm also getting my girls some things from there because I'm sick of all the ridiculous stuff I see in the stores for them. Some of the people on there will even custom-make clothes for you. I don't make anything to sell on there, but I do have a friend who does. I would pass her name along, but I'm afraid that would be advertizing, and may not be welcome. You can PM me if you would like to know.

I saw a really cute style for cheap in the lakeside collection catalog last week. Their stuff is inexpensive...and I have not tried the adult clothing, but I would assume it is about wal-mart or Khols quality.

Here is a link to the skirt. http://www.lakeside.com/details.asp?I=KST&N=36+4294964973&Nao=73&R=874109036KST4&product=Easy-Fit-Jersey-Knit-Skirts

KST_MN.jpg

I saw a really cute style for cheap in the lakeside collection catalog last week. Their stuff is inexpensive...and I have not tried the adult clothing, but I would assume it is about wal-mart or Khols quality.

Here is a link to the skirt. http://www.lakeside.com/details.asp?I=KST&N=36+4294964973&Nao=73&R=874109036KST4&product=Easy-Fit-Jersey-Knit-Skirts

KST_MN.jpg

I love those! And only $9.95! I will order tomorrow!

I have been looking for a dress to wear for Easter. I like to get a new oufit each Easter. Well this year was awful. Lots of multi-colored in weird ways (a la someone's messed up idea of the 60's) that are clingy or nice sundresses which are not okay for a day which will start out at 38 degrees. So I give up after many stores and go back today to check out skirts. Considering women my age have the money maybe they could ,make some clothes for us. I don't want to show my knees (and most of us over forty don't either) and I would like spring colors. I got the best thing I could find. It is a black/ birght blue/ yellow and white skirt in geometric patterns. At least it wasn't completly black or black and white only. I got a black shell and I will wear my nice blue cardigan with it. Not exactly what I thought spring clothing should be.

I couldn't get any shoes and I came home depressed. I am arthritic and need wide sized shoes but want to wear nice pumps with about a inch and a half to two and a hlf inch heel. I used to be able to get some. I found a nice pair but they claimed they couldn't order it for me and I couldn't go online and rder it either.

Thanks for posting this. My dd has been taking sewing lessons for the last year. She prefers skirts for Sunday morning so this looks very interesting for her to make some herself.

They had some nice comfy cotton ones at Penny's this year. I'd wait until after Easter, dresses and skirts may go on sale.

Our pastor told some of us to "dress down for Jesus" on Easter, we're going shopping for cute on sale dresses and will dress down, then dress up later!

I have the Sew What! Skirts book, and it's great. I have made skirts for my daughter and myself using it. Nothing fancy like in the book...I have no idea where to get cool fabric like that. My local JoAnn store only seems to carry quilting fabric and flannel--for quilting. Their fashion fabric is horrible. I'd love to order online but really would like to feel/see the fabric first.

Thanks for the links about the inexpensive skirts!

I'll speak for the Sew What! Skirts book too! It's sitting on my desk at this very moment. Great book.

My favorite easy-peasy skirt is an a-line with a yoga waist. It involves three pieces of fabric, four seams and a hem. That's it. Comfy as can be, can be dressed up or down, flattering, and looks great with flip flops. ;)

For shopping, I prefer Old Navy.

I enjoy wearing more skirts and dresses in spring and summer also.:) Normally I find mine in thrift shops. I have ordered skirts a couple of times from Blair.com. A lot of their stuff is not particularly my style, but they often have cute skirts. I used to own several skirts from them.

Last year they had a really cute long, tiered , gauze skirt available in pastel colors.

www.blair.com

It might be worth checking to see what they have.