Menu

Sound of Music...

That is awesome! That would have been so much fun to be a part of!

In high school, our school chorus went to Williamsburg/ Busch Gardens to perform some concerts, and we spent a day hanging out at the amusement park. I was on the carousel with a bunch of friends when one of them started singing "This Was a Real Nice Clambake" from the musical Carousel (we had performed the musical the year before). A crowd gathered and the ride operator asked if we would stay on and perform "June Is Bustin' Out All Over". We ended up singing on the carousel for about an hour performing everything from Carousel plus a bunch of songs from our concert and that year's musical, The Wizard of Oz. It was so fun and to this day is one of my fondest memories.

Guest Alte Veste Academy
Why am I crying? :D

Such joy--would that every day could be filled with great moments of joy and cooperation, and music...:D:D

Oh, THANK YOU FOR THIS! I thought I was just a PMSing nutjob this morning! It actually made me weepy...in a good way.

Can you just imagine if life was like this all the time? Wouldn't we be so much happier if we burst into song when we were overjoyed, scorned, frustrated, etc. Life would be better as a musical.

I try at my house. Here's my version of the Battle Hymn of the Republic, sung nightly at bathtime (loudly).

My eyes have felt the burning of the dripping of the soap.

Mom is rinsing them right now; the pain will soon subside, I hope.

I am shrieking, I am screaming, I am in such misery.

My Mommy is so mean.

:D

Well, it makes me feel better anyway.

My life's soundtrack is more like The Stampede from Lion King lately. :lol:

Guest Alte Veste Academy
In high school, our school chorus went to Williamsburg/ Busch Gardens to perform some concerts, and we spent a day hanging out at the amusement park. I was on the carousel with a bunch of friends when one of them started singing "This Was a Real Nice Clambake" from the musical Carousel (we had performed the musical the year before). A crowd gathered and the ride operator asked if we would stay on and perform "June Is Bustin' Out All Over". We ended up singing on the carousel for about an hour performing everything from Carousel plus a bunch of songs from our concert and that year's musical, The Wizard of Oz. It was so fun and to this day is one of my fondest memories.

That is really cool! What fun!

Why am I crying? :D

Such joy--would that every day could be filled with great moments of joy and cooperation, and music...:D:D

I thought I was the only one crying! We're talking real tears running down my face. But I have the excuse of being pregnant, right? Right?:D