Menu

Okay ladies here is my installment of diagnosis this. I am on my way to church so I won't be back to read replies for a few hours but would like you thoughts on this.

Old symptom:

Daily Headache, this has been present for the last 18 months, Some days more severe then others, the headache comes and goes all day every day.

Newer symptoms:

Beginning to stutter words, and loss of vocabulary is the only way to describe it. I get stuck on words I previously knew, sometimes even the most basic of words while talking and find myself stuttering and stammering to find it again kwim This has been going on for the last 6 months or so.

Falling, this is a fairly new symptom, I am not the most coordinated person ever but in the last month for example I have lost count of the number of times I have lost my balance and either completely fell or managed to grab on to something and stop the fall.

Newest symptom:

While brushing my hair today I kept my glasses on while doing so only to see a fairly large BALD spot on my head. It is a triangular shape behind the bangs but still on the frontal part of the head. I am now wearing a large headband to cover it (1.5" wide) and it the bald part is still a little bit visible on either side of it, so the bald area is more than 1.5" wide. This was not there a month ago when I had my hair trimmed, so this is a new development.

I am coming here to ask before I can get into a dr, because if I look online anywhere else I will freak myself out. Google is not a girls best friend when it comes to self diagnosis. Thanks ladies

I was loosing hair, breaking finger nails. Dizzy with headaches. Loss of concentration. I fell. (I didn't have the vocab. problem.) Anyways, it turned out I was severely anemic and after taking iron supplements I noticed a huge improvement within six weeks or so. I had to take the supplements for a year and I also had an hysterectomy to correct the source of the anemia.

Anyway, it's amazing how just a depletion in one element can cause major upset in the body. And I would agree, see your doctor. You can search the internet and find a million different reasons, non of which may be your problem.

I'm so surprised you have had a headache for 18 months without seeing a doctor about it! Please take care of yourself and see one soon!

YEah well that is my own stubborness I had the headache thing before I had kids where I had it for almost 2 years. My dr told me it was stress and to take tylenol, that was changed to imitrex after a while, but then went away on it's own and stayed gone for 8.5 years. I thought it was just stress again until everything else started cropping up.

Thanks everyone, I do plan on calling the dr tomorrow and trying to get in asap, but his asap and mine are different. I am not one to go to the dr for myself, I didn't even go back for the 6 week check after dd was born. If it looks like it will be a long while before he can see me I will go to the walk in clinic though I don't think they will do much since it is not an acute problem. I hadn't thought of anemia so I will make sure they test my iron levels.

Thanks everyone, I do plan on calling the dr tomorrow and trying to get in asap, but his asap and mine are different. I am not one to go to the dr for myself, I didn't even go back for the 6 week check after dd was born. If it looks like it will be a long while before he can see me I will go to the walk in clinic though I don't think they will do much since it is not an acute problem. I hadn't thought of anemia so I will make sure they test my iron levels.

You need some labwork and a CTscan of your head. Insist on getting in right now! This is not a case for the walk-in clinic unless they will do the bloodwork.

I'm guessing he will act more ASAP if you are sure to tell the nurse ALL the symptoms you've been having. Don't downplay any of them.

Yes, get in ASAP. If they can't see you in a day or 2, I would go to a larger hospital ER and they will see you. I think you need blood work and a CT at minimum to start. A larger hospital ER could get this done in just 1-2 hours. Make SURE you tell the nurse all of your symptoms---esp. loosing balance, having difficulty talking/stuttering, etc.

I'm also thinking this could be something hormonal. The dizziness is the only thing that doesn't fit hormones, but could be attributed to something as simple as allergies. Of course, those symtoms are scary and I would get into the doc as soon as I could. I agree with others, don't downplay your symptoms. Just list them off matter of fact. You could print your op and read it. I've had to do that before due to the brain fog of menopause!:tongue_smilie: