Menu

You take a drink every time...

Paula says "true to yourself"

Kara says "artist"

Randy says "pitchy"

Simon says "indulgent"

OK, so I wouldn't really play that drinking game but if I did I'd be hammered by now. Can these judges not think of ANYTHING original to say? Seriously.

And, Paula, sweetie, lay off the valium before the show. Please?

:rant:

Paula was kinda pitiful tonight. It was sad.

I loved Kris tonight!! I've like him from the beginning!

I already posted over on the American Idol social group, but I will say it again: Johnny Cash is rolling over in his grave. Adam was scary and so bizarre.

I think we'll be saying good-bye to either Scott or Alexis.

I already posted over on the American Idol social group, but I will say it again: Johnny Cash is rolling over in his grave. Adam was scary and so bizarre.

Uh, yeah. That was very "Jim-Morrison-on-an-LSD-trip" weird. Adam is far too in love with himself. I think the oil rigger guy will go home. I loved Matt Giraud!

Kris really did a great job. I thought it was funny, last week, when Simon said he brought his wife out too early.:D

Adam is just...I don't know. :ack2:

Lastly I just want to say that Lil Rounds is bee-u-tiful!:001_smile: She has the look of a 1940's singer, I love her!

Adam's kind of a "love him" or "hate him" kind of guy, I think. On the one hand, at least he was consistent. On the other hand, well, that was one seriously bizarre performance.

I really didn't like Megan's rendition of "Walking After Midnight." Her voice is totally the wrong key for that song and what is that weird four-year-old-trying-to-dance thing that she does? Reminds me of a group of little kids fidgeting while singing "Jesus Loves Me" in front of the church.

I'm old enough to have grown up listening to Dolly Parton singing "Jolene." Alexis murdered it in my opinion.

I actually thought that was the best performance by Scott that I've seen yet.

Why, oh, why did my dd have to start watching this stinkin' show again? I had it all out of my system!

jeannie

Since some of you don't look at the social groups, I will reiterate here:

NOTICE TO ALL AI CONTESTANTS: Singing "Ain't Goin' Down Till the Sun Comes Up" and "Independence Day" is hereby BANNED!

it really bothers me when they sing ID because the song makes NO sense unless you hear the whole thing! And they have to shorten it, and then it makes no sense!

And no one is ever going to sing Ain't Goin' Down as well as Garth Brooks! STOP TRYING!

Amen, sister! We should add to that list, anything by Whitney Houston or Michael Jackson. I mean, really! Have the current contestants NEVER seen the show before?

J

NOTICE TO ALL AI CONTESTANTS: Singing "Ain't Goin' Down Till the Sun Comes Up" and "Independence Day" is hereby BANNED!

it really bothers me when they sing ID because the song makes NO sense unless you hear the whole thing! And they have to shorten it, and then it makes no sense!

And no one is ever going to sing Ain't Goin' Down as well as Garth Brooks! STOP TRYING!

so where do you sign up for the social group?

Adam's kind of a "love him" or "hate him" kind of guy, I think. On the one hand, at least he was consistent. On the other hand, well, that was one seriously bizarre performance.

I didn't see all of the performances last night - fell asleep halfway through, as I'm up by 4am everyday - but I did catch Adam's.....interesting version of Ring Of Fire... and I'm torn. Half of me went 'what in the bright blue blazes is he DOING to that song????' and the other half went 'oh wow, COOL!' :lol:

dd12 LOVES Adam - she hasn't seen his performance yet, as she was out with a friend last night to check out Cadets and came in the door just moments after he was on, but I found it online so I can show her when she gets up in a few minutes...I'm curious to see what she'll say - she knows the original song, as I had it on a cd in the van for a while....

I didn't see all of the performances last night - fell asleep halfway through, as I'm up by 4am everyday - but I did catch Adam's.....interesting version of Ring Of Fire... and I'm torn. Half of me went 'what in the bright blue blazes is he DOING to that song????' and the other half went 'oh wow, COOL!' :lol:

dd12 LOVES Adam - she hasn't seen his performance yet, as she was out with a friend last night to check out Cadets and came in the door just moments after he was on, but I found it online so I can show her when she gets up in a few minutes...I'm curious to see what she'll say - she knows the original song, as I had it on a cd in the van for a while....

Okay, she just watched it - and, as I suspected, she grinned from ear to ear and said "That was SO COOL!!" ;)

I played the original for her, just in case she'd forgotten what it sounded like - and she says that Adam's version was "way better!" :tongue_smilie:

I still don't know what I really think. Maybe I never will. :lol:

I'm curious, and I'll probably go look it up in a few - but Adam's version that he did was somewhat similar to what Chris Daughtry did when he sang Walk the Line - it was someone else's remake that he sang, and I'm curious if it was that same band that remade Ring of Fire and that's what Adam was singing.......I actually like both of those remake versions; I did not like Adam's screamy-creepy way of singing. And I hate his girl look. hate it.

My problem when it comes to talent like Adam's...I may like his ability but the way he LOVES himself....it's too much. I think he spends way too much time practicing his moves in front of a mirror.

I like people that radiate "coolness" and yet they themselves don't know it!