Menu

17yodd update - again

I just wanted to ask those of you who have been following our dilemmas to keep us in your prayers tonight/tomorrow. I am taking dd to meet a new counselor, and praying this will be the one she might feel comfortable opening up to.

Things have been a little better since she has been home. We went to the zoo yesterday (she, ds and I) and had a wonderful time. She actually WANTED to go and really enjoyed herself. We are planning a trip to West Palm to visit relatives, and a trip to WDW in September and she is SO excited about both.

I know she is really a wonderful, loving child in the midst of a struggle with herself. Just pray that she can open up and be reached by this counselor so maybe she can be on the road to some recovery.

Thanks!!

I was a little worried for a bit because she was saying she didn't NEED to go to therapy and that she didn't want to talk to anyone.

She has decided that she will go, and we are heading out shortly. Pray for things to go well, for wisdom for the counselor so maybe she can reach her, and that Alex will be open to going back (because I did tell her that I will not MAKE her go again).

Thanks so much!