Menu

I reserved through a booking site and now I’m worried

I reserved a condo this weekend through booking dot com and now I’m worried that it’s a scam. 🤣 The stakes are not high. I can dispute the charges and secure a hotel room in the same building at this convention if things go south. However, now I’m thinking it’s too good to be true and I might have to use my contingency plans. 

Has anyone used this site? Somehow it’s partnered with Vacasa because I got confirmations from them.  I paid online and  the “Booking” site said I’d owe nothing on arrival. However, the vacasa confirmation leads me to believe I’ll face a parking fee. Did I do a dumb thing?

I used to use booking dot com all the time for hotels and airlines.  Never had a problem.   Never heard of vacasa. 

I now book directly,  airline miles, and costco has the best deals on car rentals.  And better cancelation policies...

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, KungFuPanda said:

🤣  However, the vacasa confirmation leads me to believe I’ll face a parking fee. Did I do a dumb thing?

Some places have parking fees.  I've seen it on hotel websites.   Usually cities,  resort areas where parking is scarce and some guests don't even rent a car.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KungFuPanda said:

However, the vacasa confirmation leads me to believe I’ll face a parking fee.

We typically face parking fees for hotels in downtown areas. Some hotels charge parking fees even though they aren’t in the downtown area, especially hotels adjacent to convention centers. 

• Like 3

We have used Booking.com often, both in-country and overseas (I just checked, 33 times) and have never had a problem.  The listing should give an indication if there is no parking on site and what the fees will be.  

• Like 2