Menu

Taylor Swift

Scarlett

I was supposed to go to the drive in last night, but it was supposed to pour, so dd and I rescheduled.

It did not rain. (Until later.). I’m bummed.

I’m just fascinated by that woman and how grounded she appears to be despite her insane powers. I hope she gets everything she truly wants. And that that includes giving us more lines to belt out!

Edited by Carrie12345
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Carrie12345 said:

I was supposed to go to the drive in last night, but it was supposed to pour, so dd and I rescheduled.

It did not rain. (Until later.). I’m bummed.

I’m just fascinated by that woman and how grounded she appears to be despite her insane powers. I hope she gets everything she truly wants. And that that includes giving us more lines to belt out!

Agree.  She is so dang cute on stage, all the cute ways she acts with her dancers and singers and band.  

I hope Travis Kelsey is the one and she gets to be married and have babies.  I have heard her say she wants that so this might be it.

Also, did anyone else know her parents got divorced in like 2012?  

• Like 3

I'm not familiar with any of her current music, only the stuff she wrote early on about all her relationships/breakups. I was never a fan of that. I do however, think she's an amazing woman and I love how she uses her fame. I also love how she stands up to the big recording companies and takes control of her own music.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Scarlett said:

I don’t know anything about him, what is wrong with him?

I have seen some excerpts from interviews and podcasts with him, and he seems kind of trashy and crude. 

I’m also not convinced that he isn’t doing this mainly for the purpose of enhancing his own fame on a larger scale. I saw an article about him that show pictures of him with his former girlfriends (a few of whom said he cheated on them,) and they were all curvy black women, so Taylor doesn’t really seem like his type physically. I know people can be attracted to all different types, and Taylor is certainly lovely, but I can’t help but worry that he is only interested in her because she is so incredibly famous. 

I hope I am wrong because it would be nice to see her find the right guy. I'm not a particular fan of her music, but I really respect her as a person and as a businesswoman. She seems nice! It also sounds like she is a generous and caring employer, and her efforts to get people to register to vote are very admirable. I also really appreciate it that she never looks trashy, unlike so many other celebrities. She wears some sexy outfits and costumes, but I have never seen her wear anything that would be inappropriate for her younger fans to see, and I'm sure that's very comforting to the moms of those kids. (I still remember when the sweet character of "Hannah Montana" that was beloved by so many young girls, turned into a VERY adult Miley Cyrus. All of a sudden that wholesome Hannah Montana image flew right out the window, and it was a shock to a lot of moms whose daughters were huge Hannah Montana fans! Taylor Swift has cultivated and maintained her image for so long, that it's hard to imagine that she will make any dramatic changes.)

Edited by Catwoman
  • Like 5

On 10/21/2023 at 1:14 PM, Scarlett said:

I don’t know anything about him, what is wrong with him?

I don't like his mustache. 😉 

On the plus side, he has taken a lot of heat for doing a commercial for the Pfizer Covid vaccine and has handled it with grace.

On 10/21/2023 at 12:28 PM, Catwoman said:

I have seen some excerpts from interviews and podcasts with him, and he seems kind of trashy and crude. 

I’m also not convinced that he isn’t doing this mainly for the purpose of enhancing his own fame on a larger scale. I saw an article about him that show pictures of him with his former girlfriends (a few of whom said he cheated on them,) and they were all curvy black women, so Taylor doesn’t really seem like his type physically. I know people can be attracted to all different types, and Taylor is certainly lovely, but I can’t help but worry that he is only interested in her because she is so incredibly famous. 

I hope I am wrong because it would be nice to see her find the right guy. I'm not a particular fan of her music, but I really respect her as a person and as a businesswoman. She seems nice! It also sounds like she is a generous and caring employer, and her efforts to get people to register to vote are very admirable. I also really appreciate it that she never looks trashy, unlike so many other celebrities. She wears some sexy outfits and costumes, but I have never seen her wear anything that would be inappropriate for her younger fans to see, and I'm sure that's very comforting to the moms of those kids. (I still remember when the sweet character of "Hannah Montana" that was beloved by so many young girls, turned into a VERY adult Miley Cyrus. All of a sudden that wholesome Hannah Montana image flew right out the window, and it was a shock to a lot of moms whose daughters were huge Hannah Montana fans! Taylor Swift has cultivated and maintained her image for so long, that it's hard to imagine that she will make any dramatic changes.)

I’ve had a similar impression of him. It seems like she might be a trophy and/or stepping stone for him. He liked the challenge of getting her, not necessarily her.

• Like 2

On 10/21/2023 at 12:28 PM, Catwoman said:

This thought runs through my head on both sides of this and pretty much any other famous relationship.  I mean both people set to gain when they date someone famous.  They both are getting a lot of attention and sales to their respective situations.  

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, mommyoffive said:

This thought runs through my head on both sides of this and pretty much any other famous relationship.  I mean both people set to gain when they date someone famous.  They both are getting a lot of attention and sales to their respective situations.  

I agree with this. I think Taylor Swift is a mastermind at crafting her public image and right now she's got a new album coming out, a movie, and tour going on. I'm not saying she's using this relationship for gains either, but I also don't think she's that naive. If we're talking money, I actually think she probably gets more out of it than him. His salary is fixed through the NFL...sure, he could get more endorsement deals, but I don't think it'd be anything near what she banks. Anywho...I think they're kind of cute together, and I hope they're happy! ☺️

• Like 1